Using these quick and practical cleaning tips means you will spend less time cleaning and give you more time to do other things. As the kitchen, bathroom and living areas are usually the ones that see the most traffic in the home, these are the quick cleaning tips are designed to provide practical and effective strategies for cleaning them up.
The general guidelines for effective cleaning are if you spend twenty minutes a day doing daily cleaning it would mean that your homes would run more smoothly. If you invested that time on a daily basis, you’re less likely to be overwhelmed with massive cleaning up chores at the end of the week or fortnight instead.
These quick cleaning tips are a combination of ones you should do on a daily basis, through to ones that only need doing once a week.
1. A sparkling sink – lots of items will pass through your sink. Everything from dirty dishes, through to little hands covered in paint and in need of a rinse. So this hardwearing surface can start to lose its lustre if it isn’t looked after.
2. Tidy up the toaster – this little crumb catcher is likely to attract unwanted visitors if you aren’t cleaning it out regularly.
3. Polish up the kettle – this item is often a focal point in a kitchen and it is great to ensure it looks clean and shiny. Remember only to clean it when the kettle is completely cool!
4. Cleaning the microwave – this is a great place to heat up things but can also get very messy when things explode or overheat! Cleaning it is a fairly straightforward process especially if you mop up straight away.
5. Cleaning your cast iron pots – usually the last thing you want to do is wash your pots by hand, but this is actually much better for them then washing them in the dishwasher.
6. Bin it – you should empty your bathroom bin on a regular basis.
7. Wipe it – it’s useful to have a cloth specifically for wiping down your vanity or other bathroom surfaces as soon as you have finished using them.
8. De-clutter it – your bathroom is usually a fairly small space and can look cluttered very quickly. The good news is that cleaning it up can be done quite simply.
9. Cleaning the couch – these quick cleaning tips will help you restore your couches to their former glory.
10. Cleaning your screens – to ensure you’re getting maximum enjoyment from the big screen you need to wipe it down regularly.
To ensure you can carry out these quick cleaning times in the minimum time possible you need to use the Boy Scouts motto “Be prepared!”
Remember to arm yourself with your trusty cleaning kit before you start cleaning. A portable nappy bucket is a great container for most of the items you will be using. Make sure to restock it regularly. This should include:
|Dust cloths||This is for wiping down surfaces like bedside lockers. It’s best to dampen this down before using and then squeeze it out tightly before use.|
|Rubbish bags||Once you start cleaning it can be surprising how much rubbish you collect along the way. Have this bag at hand so you aren’t making trips back and forward to the rubbish bin. It’s a great time saver when cleaning|
|Cleaning sprays||You can use store bought or home made ones depending on your preference.|
|Squeegee||This is a great item for wiping down the shower area.|
|Gloves||Protecting your hands is really important. You really don’t want them being subjected to chemicals. In addition, hot water can really dehydrate them. You’re also dealing with some potentially grotty surfaces as well and you don’t want to be dealing out cuddles to your little one with them straight afterwards either.|
|Dustpan and brush||Great for picking up stray crumbs or food stuffs that have been dropped on the floor.|