Touch Relaxation, Heart of Love & Butterfly Massage
This touch relaxation segment features three strokes for your baby’s chest. Both are great for soothing and settling tired, fussy or cranky bubs, so are especially valuable lessons in the Huggies baby massage and yoga program.
You can use oil for these exercises.
Touch relaxation, heart of love & butterfly massageView all videos
Touch relaxation, heart of love & butterfly massage step by step
Softly talk to your baby throughout this routine, explaining what you’re doing and encouraging them to let go of any physical tension.
- Sit loosely cross-legged on your yoga mat or rug, with your baby lying in front of you
- Begin by asking baby’s permission to start. Then chant Om 3 times
- Put a little massage oil in your palm and rub your hands together to warm the oil
- Place your hands on baby’s chest and quietly talk to them to encourage the release of any tension
- Start with your hands side by side at the base of your baby’s chest
- Form a heart shape by stroking up towards the sternum, around the top of the chest, out towards the shoulders, and down to the base of baby’s ribs
- Now with both hands at the hipbone or the side of baby’s ribs, slide your hand diagonally across baby’s chest to the opposite shoulder and then back to the starting position
- Keep your hands in contact with baby’s chest as you repeat this stroke 5 times
- You can give baby’s shoulder a little squeeze when you get there
- Alternate this stroke between your left and your right hands
- Finish by placing your hands lightly over baby’s chest
Next try Indian-milking
Return to full list of baby massage & yoga videos