Bathing Your Toddler
Toddler bath time
Your toddler can now sit up unaided in the bath and play independently. You may have a hard time getting them into the bath and then a harder job getting them out. We’ve provided you with a few bathing your toddler tips.
Toddler bath tips:
- Give a few minutes warning before bath time so that your toddler will be ready to move from their current activity.
- Even though your toddler is adept at sitting up they should not be left unattended while in the bath.
- It’s also a good idea to implement the “no standing in the bath” rule from a very early age.
- Allow some independence and encourage them to start washing themselves. Some disposable washcloth products can also be handy for this as some have baby wash already in the cloth and provide a gentle, tear free clean.
- Bath toys are great fun for a toddler. Try to rotate them to keep them interesting.
- A pair of goggles in the bath can be their first introduction to swimming with their face in the water. They are great for practicing bubble blowing.
- Give a warning a few minutes before bath time ends to avoid protests.