Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Personal Messages
  5. Happy to be a stay at home Mum?

Happy to be a stay at home Mum? Lock Rss

Hi, all my playgroup mums (fairfield, Vic area) are soon to be retutrning to work, my husband and i are happy to have me raise our 10month old boy, Sullivan, i fear i will be the only one not going back to work. We are also planning a second bub soonish. Any other mums in the Fairfield, Northcote, Clifton hill area not going back to work!!!??I'm Feeling a bit lonely!

Brooke,Vic,Sullivan 27 months Lincoln,7 1/2 months

Hi Brooke

I am a SAHM too and not planning on going back to paid work (ever i I can help it)

I'm in werribee

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph,

HHmmm can't say i get out to Werribee much, but it's on my list of things to do!!! I love visiting shopping centres just to get out of the house!! I just thought i'd post something as the trend towards going back to work after baby, has really taken off in Fairfield. And lots of my friends don't yet have babies, seems like i'm the only one who dosn't want to go back to work!At least until they are all at school!
Cheers
Brooke

I have been a stayat home mum for 5 years only doing one 6 week stint of temp work for an old boss.

I plan to stay at home until my youngest (15 months) is in school, and then when i do go back it will only be part time.

Im a firm belive in being a stay at home mummy if you can smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

hi brooke

Werribee plaza is getting soooooo good now. I am a big fan of staying at home with bubby the lack of money sucks though!!!

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hello

I agree with sharon I am staying at home with my little boy until he is off to kinder and after our next baby is at kinder too!

one of the women in my mums group (who is a full time stay at home mum so is her husband full time stay at home dad) has her child in child care 3 days a week cause she needs a rest from her! I am not quite sure why they had children! their choice!

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melly,
Well that's how i feel, i was pretty sure right from the start that i didn't want strangers raising my kids( i don't have any family close by).Sullivan has a baby sitter who comes for 3 hours every thursday so i can do un baby stuff, like getting my hair cut(i'm sure you all know what i mean!) And while we can afford it i don't want to go back to work!
Cheers
Brooke

I am known as Melly elsewhere wink

I have been a stay at home mum for 12 years!

~~~~~~~~~~
Mel
Mum to 5 boys
and 1 Girl
Living In WA
[email protected]
(feel free to email me if you like!)
Hi. I love being a sahm. I have a 7 month old liitle girl and planning our next. I do get lonely though as i dont have many friends and no real family support. I live in Cranbourne in sth est melbourne.
I don't want to go back to work so I'm thinking about doing family day care as i can do this from home and my child will have others to play with.

Tammy 28, Rhiannon 14-06-04. morwell

Hi Tam,

Well this is exactly how i feel, sometimes i get a bit lonely because a lot of my old friends don't have kids, and the ones that do are going back to work.

I'm now 7 weeks pregnant with my second baby and can only imagine how isolated that will make me,whatever happened to motherhood being a priority???? smile

I think being there for my babies is more important than a career, i'm apparenlt old fashioned!!

Cheers
Brooke, Sullivan(who is one today!)

Hi Brooke

Happy birthday Sullivan! I think us SAHM's are a dying breed aswell. Almost everyone in my mothers group has gone back to work and at first I felt very alone. But then I reminded myself just how important it is to be there for our kids. I understand full well in this day and age that alot of mothers don't have the choice to stay at home and must return to work to keep the roof over their heads or just because they truly enjoy working and don't want to give it up. It really is a personal choice. I'm lucky that my husband earns a decent wage and that we can afford for me to stay home but even then we sometimes do it a little tough and have to give up things. I just remember how much I appreciated the fact that my mum was always home for me when I was a kid and I only hope that I can also be there for my children. I guess I'm old - fashioned aswell!

Cheers

Kirsty, VIC, 03.03.03 and 25.02.05

Hi Kirsty,

I love the name Lincoln!!! I'm trying to convince my hubby if we have another boy to name him that! When are you due? I'm due Sept 6. I totally get why some women need to go back to work, my sister in law went back with both her kids, when they were only 6 weeks old, she's an associate proffessor at melb uni, so i suppose she had worked long and hard to get where she is, unfortunately both of her kids have had full time nannies since then and they don't seem to have very close relationships with her.
She thinks i'm a bit flaky like i'm some new age hippie because all i do is stay at home!!! Oh well each to there own!!

Yeah and my mum didn't work when we were kids, there was always fresh baked stuff when we got home from school, and dinner at the table all together every night!!!

Made it hard to wag school though!!!HAh

Anyway gotta go, nice chatting to you!

Brooke and Sullivan

Sign in to follow this topic