Huggies Forum

Adelaide Mum's Rss

Hi to any one out there that would like chat. As I'm at the northern side of Adelaide. I'm 39 and have twins that are 5yrs and I have a 5 1/2 month old and also I'm currently a single mum. Like to haer from any one out there.

Dianne
Hi there

Im North Eastern. Sounds like you have your hands full. I have 2 daughters 7 & 3.

Mau, South Australia 2 girls, Trying for a boy

Good luk for trying to have a boy as my twins are boy, girl then a boy. So I'm lucky to have one of each and that if I could of done it over again I would of prefered to have two sets of twins as I found them much much easier than just one. As having one seems to be much more demanding than two. Good luck in trying Di
Was your third planned? most people would be over the moon with a pigeon pair. Im hoping for a boy but hey three girls have got to be a challenge!!!

Mau, South Australia 2 girls, Trying for a boy

Both my pregnacy's were planned. But as for the sex of my first I didnt know what sex the twins were and I didnt wont as I wanted a surprise. But the second I found out only because I had to have some tests done in which included the sex of the baby so I found out. It also made it easier to get rid of the clothes that I didnt need. My second pregnacy started out to be twins but the second fetus died off at 9 weeks and the only reason I new this was that I had to have an ultra sound very early then a another one a short time later due to some problems I was having. But I was very happy that one made through to the end. As most pregnancy do start of to be multi births but dont always make it and people arnt aware of this as they die before your first ultra sound is done at 12 weeks so you arent aware there was any more than one.

Chat again Di
Hi Di, I also live in Adelaide but on the south side. I am 22 and have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 5 month old daughter. would love to chat to other mums!

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Hi Cristie
How is it going are the children keeping you busy as mine do at times. I use to live on the south side a coulpe of years ago for a while then I move to Vic for a while then back to SA. But now I live on the north side to be closer to my family as Im single now and being closer to your family helps when you need it most. Well hope to here from you again soon

Di.
Hi Di,
We are doing well. My 2 1/2 year old keeps me on my toes I don't know where they get the energy from! The 5 month old is asleep at the moment but will be due for a feed soon! It seems that some days I don't stop, I am sure that you know that feeling! I used to live in QLD most of my family are there. But i have a really caring partner which helps a lot. Hope Your children are well.

Hi how are you going all is well I hope. Well at least we've had some nice weather to do things outside etc. So today I decided to forget the housework for the day and spend time outside with the kids, very tired after that. At the moment I'm having abit of trouble with the twins not wanting to go to bed and then when they do they just keep getting up and then just playing in there room. No peace when you some times need it at night.

Well to chat soon Bye Di.
Hello again,
It was a wonderful day, We went to visit some friends in victor Harbor, Taking it easy as I have family arriving from Qld on Wednesday.
I am having a similar problem with my 2 1/2 year old, He has decided that he will no longer sleep in his cot. That is a good thing as i will need the cot for the 5 month old shortly, But he keeps getting up in the middle of the night! We woke this morning to find him in our bed... I didn't even realize that he had climbed between us curled up and gone back to sleep. sometimes he wakes up in the morning and gets into everything! most mornings he comes out and turns the computer on. He is noisey during the day but oh so quiet when he is getting up to no good! Hope the twins Start going to bed easier for you, everyone needs a break.

Do any of your children use dummy's? Just wondering how to break the habit! talk to you soon.

Hi again well its not easy to break the dummy habit. My twins both loved there dummy and I had to stop them having one when they were about 12 months as they kept getting ear and tonsil infections and the doctor reconmended I do. So the only way I did it was to remove it altogether and had a few restless days and nights but it was all worth it in the end. But I'm not saying this may work for you as you may have to try taking it away while they are awake and only letting them have it whilst they are in bed, then when that one breaks get them to throw it in the bin so they know its gone. It wont be easy but then again it might be. My 5 month old boy has already had a chest and ear infection and he has a dummy as well, so I'm thinking of taking it from him. Although they are a great soother for them sometimes they are better off whith out them.
Good Luck
To Mau and Cristie also anyone else that wants to chat. This is my email address if you want to.
no1bitch@chariot.net.au

Dianne (Di).
Sign in to follow this topic