Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. QLD
  5. Looking for a playgroup in Upper Coomera

Looking for a playgroup in Upper Coomera Rss

Hi Ladies,

It has taken me forever how to work out how to post something and this may even be the wrong place to do it but Im taking my chances. I am newish to Australia from NZ. I live in Upper coomera with my husband and our 23 month old daughter. I am now 20 weeks pregnant and am still working full time but I really would love to meet some other mummys out there. Whether its in the weekend of after work. I will be finishing work permanently on May 13 so I will be available anytime then. Do you know of any playgroups etc so my daughter can meet some other kids her age? And so I cant make some friends too?

Hope you can help
hi,
I'm also in Upper Coomera and have a 26 month old DD and almost 4 month old DS. There is a play group on fridays at the Upper Coomera Hub site, opposite Coles. I haven't gone yet, but really want to. Will try & go next week. Where in Upper Coomera do you live? I'm near the coles.

Brooke smile

hi,
I'm also in Upper Coomera and have a 26 month old DD and almost 4 month old DS. There is a play group on fridays at the Upper Coomera Hub site, opposite Coles. I haven't gone yet, but really want to. Will try & go next week. Where in Upper Coomera do you live? I'm near the coles.

Brooke smile

Hi Brooke,

I have been to that playgroup when I first moved to Upper Coomera but didn't love it. I found it was just a free for all, however it had just started. I live near Upper Coomera School, maybe we could catch up for a coffee one day?

Bex
Hey ladies!

I too live in Upper Coomera but am now past the playgroup stage. Both my boys are at school and I am returning to work on a more regular basis.

Just wanted to let you know about some playgroups I know of. We used to attend playgroup on Mondays and Fridays at the St Mary's church in Upper Coomera. The playgroup is not run by the church, it just uses the hall facilities owned by the church. Mondays playgroup was run by Playgroup Australia which requires you to be a member and Fridays is run by the Northern GC Community Centre. Sonya, the playgroup co-ordinator is a beautiful lady! Playgroup on both days run from 9:30am to 11:30am. St Mary's can be found on Billinghurst Street at the front of Assisi Catholic College.

Hope this helps you lovely ladies out!

Take care xxxx

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

hi Girls i'm looking at attending a playgroup in upper coomera too with my 2yr old.

hi,

Brooke smile

Hi Brooke (everyone)

I have just started attending this play group (upper coomera community hub) with my 8 and 1/2 month old and she loves it. There i some babies aswell as some toddlers and slightly bigger kids that come along. they do mix things up a little but painting and toys and ride on toys and plenty of interaction goes on.. Hope this helps would be good to see you there some day

Hi Brooke (everyone)

I have just started attending this play group (upper coomera community hub) with my 8 and 1/2 month old and she loves it. There i some babies aswell as some toddlers and slightly bigger kids that come along. they do mix things up a little but painting and toys and ride on toys and plenty of interaction goes on.. Hope this helps would be good to see you there some day

Hi there... I just wanted to know what days and time the Upper Coomera Community Hub Playgroup is on and does it cost anything? This one sounds like me... I live in Upper Coomera near the state school and I have a 2 and a half year old girl and a 10 month old boy and am pregnant (4 months along) with my 3rd. Thanks for your help!!
HI Ladies,

Im also at Upper Coomera smile
near the coles there x

Why doesnt everyone here start their own playgroup once a week? We can all bring a shared morning tea and contribute with an activity each, painting, crafts, play etc?
My name is Tracy, just moved here after 3 years in Perth (originally from NZ) looking to join a playgroup in the Upper Coomera area, any suggestions of what is available? Only been here for 5 weeks and still finding our feet. We have 2 children, James is 9 and at school, Sophie is just turned 3 and in desperate need of kiddies her own age to play with. Can anyone suggest anything?
Hi Tracy smile

I know this may be a bit late but Ive only just started going on the huggies forum again.

Anyway have you found any playgroups out in upper coomera that you like? I live in upper coomera too and have just started taking my 23 month old daughter to the St Mary's church hall Friday mornings its attached to the Assisi School - playgroup run by Nrth Gold Coast Communities - its great on a friday morning. There are other ones through out the week there also. The lady who takes this Jan is very nice and liked by many of the ladies as she has come from another one on the Coomera side an alot of the ladies have followed her.

hope this helps smile my story is a bit similar to yours - I am orginally from NZ and we lived in brisbane then moved to perth for 3 & a 1/2 yrs an decided to come back to qld as we love it here.
Sign in to follow this topic