Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. QLD
  5. Things to do in Broadbeach

Things to do in Broadbeach Rss

We are going to be staying in Broadbeach over Christmas and was wondering if there is any cool parks for littlies. My daughter will be 11 months old. Not like a major theme park or anything. Things like playgrounds with water activities etc .Or anything else we could take her too. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance grin

/ur

Thanks!! I totally didn't think of that one grin

/ur

We need similar advice. Visiting Oz for the first time with a 2 and half year old. My husband is performing in tap dogs and we are tagging along. We will be in broadbeach without a car for 2 months .... Help or advice would be welcome
smile
PrincessPeachsmummy wrote:
Hi,

There is a great park at Southport, which is about 10 minutes drive from Broadbeach. It's on the Gold Coast Highway North (you can see it off the main road) opposite Australia Fair Shopping Centre. It has so many things to play on for little ones and there is a netted swimming area on the beach too. It's one of the best parks i've seen around.

Hope this helps

This one is called the Broadwater Parklands. It also has a "rock pool" area which is fantastic for little kids. It really is the best park!

I don't know if there is much around Broadbeach itself other then the usual parks along the beach front. Another great park a bit further down south is the one at Currumbin Creek. That's also a great one because of the calm water for swimming for little kids and the playground is really good too.

Sophief69 wrote:
We need similar advice. Visiting Oz for the first time with a 2 and half year old. My husband is performing in tap dogs and we are tagging along. We will be in broadbeach without a car for 2 months .... Help or advice would be welcomesmile

How cool he's in tap dogs!
I don't know how much there is to keep you all entertained actually at broadbeach every day, but you are so close to everything the Gold Coast has to offer. My advice is to grab go cards for public transport for yourself & anyone else that needs them (I think kids only pay from 5yrs but check that). They cost $5 for the card then you put on whatever money you want to. You touch the card on & off the bus/train & it charges the right fare which is about half of what paying cash each time would be.
You can check it out at www.translink.com.au
There is a journey planner on the site too. Type in the address where your staying then check out how easy it is to get to anywhere your interested in by typing it in as the destination. You won't need the address of attractions & parks & stuff just type in the name. It will tell you what buses to catch, if you have to transfer & where & how much walking you have to do as well. Plus the price.

Also if your there that long you will probably think about going to theme parks.
Get on the websites ASAP for them as there are really cheap tickets for unlimited entry until June. I was looking at the one for wet n wild, movie world & sea world (entry to all three) and it was about the same price as a single entry to one of them! So well worth it as you would have the tickets to just go anytime you want when you have no other plans

Sign in to follow this topic