Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Melbourne
  5. Steph or anyone else in the Hoppers crossing Werribee area

Steph or anyone else in the Hoppers crossing Werribee area Lock Rss

Hey all, my best friend lives in Hoppers crossing and has a 6yr old and 4 yr old step son and is due to have bubs anyday now, anyways we were wondering(me and my best friend) if any of you know of a young mothers group around hoppers/werribee area, my best friend is 21 and is thinking of attending one after bubs is born
so if any one could help out this would be great
thanks in advance Ann

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

I think there is..... let me look into it and get back to you.... there will also be her "normal" mum sgroup organised by her health nusre but I can see where she is coming from I am 27 and the youngest in my group!!!

Will let you know asap

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Thanks Step, the one i went ot when i had Taneesha was a young mums one and it was girls from age say 16 i think the youngest was to 21 and we all got along great, i still in contact with some the girls now, i went to a play group where i was the youngest and prefered the young mothers group

Ann,

There was nothing in any of our local papers this week (that was where I had seen it before) I will have a look at my MCHN next week - If I don't have any luck she should be able to find out some info from either the hospital, her MCHN, the council or maybe even centerlink???

wish her luck for me - is she going to werribee hospital??

Steph

Hey Step thanks again for looking for me,
Um yeah she had him on friday at werribee hospital, i went in yesterday to see him, she found that the nurses were very rude and not good at all, i also found that they were rude when i spoke to them aswell, although there were some nice ones, although they did let me go and see her for 10 mins as when i got there it wasnt visiting hrs but coz i said i came from dandenong they let me in then i went down the street to safeway(hoppers) to get somethings for Nat as she had ran out and when i got back it was visting hrs so it was all good, she also told me that her social worker at the hospital has told her there are a couple mothers groups in hoppers/werribee one is for young mums and one is for older mums so she said she wants to go to the young mums one, so i think the social worker gunna put her onto one, but once again thanks for looking for us

Ann
thats a shame about the nurses, I found them soooo loevly....

How was everything with the birth? What did she call bubby?

thats great news about the social worker - how old is your friend?

Steph

me again
I found this in my child services directory

Parents who are 25 years and under are eligible to access the following services.
Young Parents in home support worker on 97428181

Young Mums Program
* Recrational activities
* Personal Development
* Transport Provided

The group meets at Youth Resource Centre
82 Derrimut Road Hoppers crossing

contact Dianne from youth services 9742 8155

Hope this helps!!!

Steph

Hey Steph,
thanks for that info will pass it on to Nat,
um as for the nurses some were nice some wernt like i know when i had Taneesha (at Dandenong hospital) the mid wife was a B***h like i was being nice and said are u busy and she said yeah we raining babies SO YOU BETTER BE IN LABOUR and i was like well i hope so too so when the dr came to do the internal the mid wife was in the room aswell and the dr said u 3cms dialated this baby is coming today and i looked at the mid wife as if to say well u know where u can shove your coment then dont u, other wise from that mid wife i found the rest to be really good, so yeah there some nice ones out there and some not so nice ones,
Um Nat finally names bubs last night she had him friday the 26.11.2004 and didnt name him untill last night sunday 28.11.2004 so he was name less for 3 days his name is Riley Caleb
Um as for your Question how old is Nat, She is 21 so she should be able to attend the one u just gave the info to me on,
Derrimut rd thats after henderson rd coming from sayers road yeah like if i remember right thats the one that takes u to werribee plaza yeah, i could be wrong and have the rds mixed up but yeah,
ok thanks for looking the info up for me once again and i will definatly pass it on to her,
Thanks Ann

Hey Steph,
I passed on the info to nat just then via msn, and she said thanks also do u have msn that i can add u to? mine is [email protected] if you would like to add me instead of chatting in here

HI GIRLS
I just wanted to say that I had my two boys at the werribee hospital and I found the nurses to be really lovely and supportive. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else.
That's just my opinion

mother of two vic

Sign in to follow this topic