Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Melbourne
  5. Swimming Lessons in the Bayside area

Swimming Lessons in the Bayside area Rss

Hello

does anyone know of a good place to take babies for swimming lessons in brighton?

other areas close by are good too.

thanks

melissa

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melissa,

My cousin took her daughter to Brighton Swim School (apparently on or just off Bay St). I was looking for a place, and she said it was fantastic, they were great with her daughter who was really afraid of the water. Now, at 6, she splashes away happily (my cousin has a pool too, which helps!). I have not enrolled my 3 year old as yet, as she is a stubborn little bugger who, when we enrolled her in dancing school, said she wasn't going to dance, and hasn't danced a step, and has also said she won't swim, so at this stage I'm not going to waste my money enrolling her in swim school where she won't swim lol!!

Good luck, hope you like it too there!

Danielle.

Danielle, Vic, Mum of 3

Hello Danielle

thanks for your reply! I had a look at bay st and they don't have any baby changing facilities!

so we checked out waves in cheltenham and they are great so we are going there!

good luck with finding something your 3 year old enjoys I am sure she will come around

bye

melissa

Hey melissa

My daughter is nearly 6 months and i am thinking of taking her to swimming lessons soon. Has bubs started swimming lessons yet at Waves at cheltenham? I live on chesterville rd so it would be really handy if jess did her lessons there. Are they expensive and do u have to book in advance? So how old is ur bubs?

Jessicas mum

Hello

My son is 10 months! and yes you should ring now!

We went to one class last term and are going to start going again next week but they are really good! the class goes for about 30 minutes but is great! the instructor was really nice and helpful!

all the best I hope your daughter and you have fun too!

there are 10 lessons and it costs $91.00 very reasonable compared to the rates some others are charging.

bye

Hello Jessica's mum

I have actually sent you an email regarding some information!

I hope you have received it!

If not email me at mellyobrien@hotmail.com and I shall send it again

Hey Melissa

thanks for sending me that information about the pool. ill be going to the pool tommorow so ill see if they have any spots left for Jessica. I hope there is a spot left because i would love to get Jessica in the water as soon as possible, im sure she will enjoy it.
So what area are u from??
Also this may be a silly question but can u buy bathers for 6 month old babies?? ive seen those little swimmers but what else do they wear?

Anyway thanx for ur help

bye bye

Jessicas mum

Hello

You are most welcome!

We live in brighton, so not far from waves at all!

Its not a silly question, yes you can buy little baby girls bathers they are sooooo gorgeous!

I have seen them in a shop in cheltenham on nepean highway they are located past southland there address is (and shop name) Swimwear Galore 1297 Nepean Hwy Cheltenham

they have some really gorgeous things there!

good luck with getting into swimming

bye

melly

Sign in to follow this topic