Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Sydney
  5. I don't know what to do

I don't know what to do Lock Rss

I am 27 weeks pregnant and have just found out my partner has been speaking to other women, as far as I know there has not been a physical relationship just messaging and talking. I had previously thought things were going really well and now I feel like my life is falling apart, all I have done is cry and scream as I switch between depression and anger. I keep trying to calm myself for the my baby's sake but every time I think about it my chest rips open and I desolve back into the darkness. I don't know what to do and I am scared of what I might do. This baby is everything I have ever wanted but now I am scared I will be bringing her into a broken home. I don't have anyone in my life I can talk to as any friends I once had have moved away or are focused on there own life's and I have no one close to me anymore. I feel completely lost and alone and I need someone to talk to.
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear your going thru this, it's a horrible situation even when not pregnant! You are not alone though, you may not personally know us, but we are here to talk to, help you and chat if ever need be. My first sons father was like this, now my ex obviously, he was always flirting and talking up to other girls even in front of me, it was nasty and awful and I was pregnant too. It just makes you feel like shit doesn't it?! Men who do this are scum bags, and honestly not worth your time or sadness! I was heartbroken at first too, but time heals all wounds and you will move on with your life and be a better person and feel much better about yourself without him. I broke up with my ex of 3 years when my first son was just months old (Hes now 6) and have been with my second sons father for 5 years now. I have a 5 month old with my man now. I moved on from the sleaze bag and fell in love with the greatest guy who treats me great. Best relationship I've been in. You will find someone who treats u better and with respect and you will love your life together. I know it might sound harsh, but I think you should leave him, he obviously doesn't deserve you if he's disrespecting you like that. I wouldn't worry about bringing a child into a broken home, lots of kids are from modern family's these days, step mums, step dads, half brothers n sisters ect, kids adapt well to these situations. One of my favourite sayings is (& this is because its so true and fits my situation perfectly) ~ Two Happy Homes Are Better Than One That Struggled ~

Good luck with your decision making, try not to stress too much, just think about the baby and try to stay positive. I know it's hard. We're all here for support and advice if need be.

Agreed, he sounds like a jerk. I caught my man staring at a girls bum when I was 7 months pregnant with bub no.1, It's not entirely cheating but I made a point of telling him how angry I was. That was 2 years ago and we are so much stronger now. If you don't want the relationship to end perhaps sit down with him and have a deep meaningful conversation. Try not to make it a screaming match though you will feel worse.
I was raised by a single mother most of my life and when my dad left he had the worst timing possible, my mum was trying to wean me off my dummy, my sister just started kinder and my brother was only 10 months old and to make things worse he already had another family lined up.
If you do decide to end it there are plenty of support groups and even after bub is born there will be a large network of mum's out there to meet, there may even be some in your mum's group, going through similar situations. Talk to the nurses in the hospital, they can point you in the right direction and there are even some organisations around to help single mum's get set up. Never settle for second best, no-one is ever alone if they know where to look. You will always have a great deal of support from the huggies mum's.
Good luck to you and the little one.
Phoeberoses wrote:
I am 27 weeks pregnant and have just found out my partner has been speaking to other women, as far as I know there has not been a physical relationship just messaging and talking. I had previously thought things were going really well and now I feel like my life is falling apart, all I have done is cry and scream as I switch between depression and anger. I keep trying to calm myself for the my baby's sake but every time I think about it my chest rips open and I desolve back into the darkness. I don't know what to do and I am scared of what I might do. This baby is everything I have ever wanted but now I am scared I will be bringing her into a broken home. I don't have anyone in my life I can talk to as any friends I once had have moved away or are focused on there own life's and I have no one close to me anymore. I feel completely lost and alone and I need someone to talk to.

Welcome to the Huggies Forum. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support and we hope our members can offer a friendly ear at this difficult time smile

If you would like to seek some professional support as well, your GP is great first point of contact. The organisation COPE also offers great resources and support avenues to help new parents work through all of the emotional challenges of becoming and being a new parent.

We hope you find this link helpful. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting along.

Huggies Moderator smile

Thank you all for your support and replies. I had a really bad few days and I am still figuring things out but my head is much clearer now and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.
I'm not really sure what I am going to do at the moment but I am sure no matter what my baby is coming first and we can get through anything together smile
Sorry for your pain, Darl. I don't know the entire situation however have you considered that:
- It might just be a misunderstanding
- Is he talking to these women as friends or seeking for something more (remember, when pregnant, our hormones may affect our judgement)
- Addressing this issue to him (like stated before, he may just be seeking friends and is oblivious to how this has affected you) without sounding too confrontational

I can understand the pain, my husband flirted (probably still does...) around and tried to make plans with other girls as well, before/after I gave birth. I can't justify his actions, and it'll scar me forever. But I tend to think back about it and there were some things that I could have done to prevent it.

You could try relationship counselling. It may sound a bit drastic, however you're very close to giving birth and around this stage, you should try to avoid stress. Sometimes it's better to seek professional help, as they are qualified and trained with the human mind/behaviour and could recognise issues within the two of you that even the both of you didn't see.

Good luck with giving birth, love. (It'll be fun tongue)
Phoeberoses wrote:
Thank you all for your support and replies. I had a really bad few days and I am still figuring things out but my head is much clearer now and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.
I'm not really sure what I am going to do at the moment but I am sure no matter what my baby is coming first and we can get through anything together smile

How did you go? Are you feeling ok today? Sorry I hit the report button by mistake, it should give you an are you sure.

I think if you felt that, it's because it was that, especially with your hair so long, they say hair acts as an antenna, the 'sixth' sense.

If he won't introduce her to you, than you know you have a problem. Doesn't mean you should trust either of them but it does give him some credibility.

I hope it worked out ok for you.
Sign in to follow this topic