Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What is the best advice you've received as a mum?

What is the best advice you've received as a mum? Rss

Hi,
I am the mum of a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. I know that throughout my pregnancy and the past 6 months, I have received much advice from other people. I would love to know what is the best advice you have received as a mum?
Cheers!
The best advice I got.
Was to not rely on all the information in the books you read and to just go with what feels good for me & baby.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Hi mum michelle. I have received a few best advice. Number 1. would be to always use "mums" intuition, this has been very helpful to me. Sometimes you can not explain it but you know something is just not right.
Number 2. Breastfeeding is a beautiful time of bonding between you and your child. It is a special time you really look forward too. If that is not what it is for you, than dont do it! I know that one will set a few strong "breast is best" people off there rockers and no doubt will start a post all to its self but it was good advice for me!!Do what is best for you and your situation and only YOU know what that is.
The best advice I have ever received is to listen to everyones advice, read the books by the experts then only use what feels right or makes sense to you as a individual and to your baby.

All babies are different and what works for one may very well not work for another.

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

Hi Jaspers mum, calebs mum and michelles's mum.

Thank-you for replying. I think also that the best advice I have received is to listen to every-one & take out of it what works best for you. I know that as a mum myself, the best advice I would offer is to listen to your gut instinct. In my experience as a mum, my gut instinct has always been right and has even amazed me at how accurate it can be.
Cheers!
H girls,
My way of thinking is so much like all but your gut instinct is the best way. When your not shore then ask how some one else may be doing it and may be try as not all ways suit everyone. Also stress plays a major part in it all. During both my prengnacy's I had a lot of stress but all my children are so relaxed and lay back most of the time. To which I thought they'd be the opposite.

Di SA
I am a first time mum to an 11 month old daughter. The best bits of advice I was ever given were... 1. Always believe in yourself, you are probably more capable of handling each situation as it arises if you believe in yourself. 2. Trust your instincts (or gut feelings) they are usually right. 3. Don't be afraid to ask for help (there is no harm in admitting that you are not coping). 4. Enjoy motherhood, there is no greater gift. I use these bits of advice everyday. Hope they can help others too.
my best piece of advice was to be flexible. Don't go making rules about things and locking yourself into them. If the way you were thinking is making you stressed out then maybe you need to revise!

that's pretty much how I be a mother. Flexible ol' me

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

Hi everyone,
One of the most reassuring pieces of advice I got was - It dosen't matter if how you are doing something is wrong - from putting on a nappy, wrapping your baby etc because the most important person -your baby- dosen't know how to do these things either. They are not goiung to get up and say "Hey mum, that nappy is on backward". They are not going to dob you in to visitors or inlaws or dads.Your baby is happy to be loved and nurtured. Thats all that matters. I tell anyone that is stressing with a new baby this and a few friends have commented that it makes them feel better when they are down.

Fiona, NSW

Hi everyone,
The best piece of advice I ever received was when my first child was born. My mum said to me, "Take everything one day at a time, and learn from your mistakes." No one is perfect and we all make mistakes, but if we learn from them, then they are not mistakes after all!!!

Mother of 3, Qld

The best advice I recived was to go with what i think is right, and if I dont know I ring my mum.

jodie,QLD 14mth baby boy

The best peice of advice given to me was: When being offered advice on pregnancy and child raring, is to nod, say thank you very much, and procede to do what ever feels right smile

Debbi,NSW, Mum to Krystal (3) and Hayley (2mth)

Sign in to follow this topic