Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Just finished reading "Fractured" by Dawn Barker SPOILERS in thread now!

Just finished reading "Fractured" by Dawn Barker SPOILERS in thread now! Lock Rss

Gosh, I really loved (not sure if that's the right word to use though!) this book. It is a very confronting book about post-natal psychosis. I found it deep and compelling. It made me appreciate my DH and miss the newborn days. But most of all I found it such an insightful book on such a real topic.

This is Dawn Barkers debut book and I love her. I read her second book called "let it go" about surrogacy and enjoyed that too.

I'd love to discuss it with anyone else who has read it!
Yep! Fiction. I think it would be a terrible read if it wasn't...

I don't usually like aussie authors, but Dawn Barker is great. She was brought up in Scotland and then came to Australia in 2001. She's a psychologist. Very interesting read! I'll look forward to our discussions RS!
Oooo go Raspberry! I can't wait to discuss with you!

I'm all down now coz I have no books to read...one of the pros of having a kindle eh?! wink
I'll give it a go once I finish my book. Currently reading sing you home by jodi picoult. I usually love her but so far this book is a bit boring tbh. I will finish it though. I have a kindle so just read one after another so I'll download that one. Thanks!

Sold! I will look for it today sounds good.

Steph that book gets better, has some dull moments but ends well smile
Yay! Others to chat to about it! smile

Steph, yes, it is one of her slower ones...but like misskel said, it does end well smile Have you read JP 'The storyteller'? Thats actually one of my all time favourite books....
I'm getting a little excited by all the people joining our book club grin
Raspberry Sundae wrote:

Nursenellie downloaded it last night too so that'll be another person to join us smile

Am up to chapter 5 and feeling quite anxious reading it! This is a book that'll be hard to put down
nursenellie wrote:
Am up to chapter 5 and feeling quite anxious reading it! This is a book that'll be hard to put down

Ooo Nursenellie! I totally understand! I wanted to keep reading it, but didn't....its a very compelling book...are you 'enjoying' it? I imagine in your line of work you would have a deeper understanding then myself....

I guess I felt like I can see how it could happen to anyone really...
Misskel - We just got back from the shops and guess who has a new book out?! Diane Chamberlain 'Reflection'!!!!!!

smile smile

ETA: Just realised it was published 2010 so not new at all! Just I haven't seen/heard of it!
*mummsy* wrote:
nursenellie wrote:

Ooo Nursenellie! I totally understand! I wanted to keep reading it, but didn't....its a very compelling book...are you 'enjoying' it? I imagine in your line of work you would have a deeper understanding then myself....

I guess I felt like I can see how it could happen to anyone really...

Enjoying.... Hmmm... Probably more compelling... I've been crying the last 10 min reading (yes I know, it's only a book but I get so hooked and involved in the story lol) but don't want to say to much as others will read it. Think I need a break tho, might go wake dd up and take her out for a bike ride or something more cherry!

Agree with you, it really can happen to anyone, makes me very thankful for good health
nursenellie wrote:
Enjoying.... Hmmm... Probably more compelling... I've been crying the last 10 min reading (yes I know, it's only a book but I get so hooked and involved in the story lol) but don't want to say to much as others will read it. Think I need a break tho, might go wake dd up and take her out for a bike ride or something more cherry!

Agree with you, it really can happen to anyone, makes me very thankful for good health

Yes I cried to in it. I too could only seem to read it for a bit and then went and did something in real life as I get very involved in books. But then I just had to keep coming back to it!
Sign in to follow this topic