Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

so..... is anyone Lock Rss

Either yourself or your partner in a situation where you/they have nothing to do with their partners family but their partner still does as it's their family??
If so, how does that work for you/ them? As in what's the routine with the kids, family get togethers and of any situation where you or them would have to cross paths with those you have nothing to do with.
Gone now! smile
I feel for you SM! Thats really upsetting.

And GG, I hope you and your family are ok...
Thanks for sharing Super mummy, you can take it down now if you like smile
What a horrible situation! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you sad sounds like your doing the right thing by your family though for sure!!
*mummsy* wrote:
I feel for you SM! Thats really upsetting.

And GG, I hope you and your family are ok...

Thanks Mummsy! That's really nice of you smile
It's a shitty as situation to be frank, and I'm stewing on it atm as I think it's going to create an uncomfortable situation fairly soon and the poos will hit the fan again with me to blame as usual!
Family stuff can really down right be horrible. Look after yourself and your family...
I have little to no contact with hubby family.

He only going to cut contact if they do something else.
I just don't talk to them unless i have too. It helps that we don't live in the same state.

I think the only way it change if MIL pulls her head in but hubby reckons she doesn't even release what she says/ does half the time cause she doesn't care.

Thanks girls.

GG sorry to hear you have a "similar" situation. Family dramas suck. Not sure what I would do if DH wasnt on side or whatever and was still seeing her, I think that would make it more difficult to be honest. I would feel so uncomfortable. sad

You have to do whats best for your family tho, whatever you decide that is. I feel like crap because mum keeps saying I should stop with the "silent treatment" etc and making it out like its my fault. But I didnt do anything wrong and dont feel comfortable exposing my children (and myself) to that when she hasnt even acknowledged any wrongdoing or anything! So until such time as that happens and she sorts out whatever the underlying issue is causing her to act like that then I dont feel safe exposing us to the chance of another "incident" so will be carrying on with the "silent treatment"....

Good luck whatever your situation is, I hope youre OK!
my_little_blessings wrote:

I just don't talk to them unless i have too. It helps that we don't live in the same state.

I think the only way it change if MIL pulls her head in but hubby reckons she doesn't even release what she says/ does half the time cause she doesn't care.

Thanks for your reply blessings! So how do you manage family events such as birthdays, holidays etc? I know you said you live in different states but do you ever cross paths like at Christmas ( if you celebrate) . do you refuse to go or be involved or go and ignore her?
Supermummy wrote:
Thanks girls.

GG sorry to hear you have a "similar" situation. Family dramas suck. Not sure what I would do if DH wasnt on side or whatever and was still seeing her, I think that would make it more difficult to be honest. I would feel so uncomfortable. sad

Good luck whatever your situation is, I hope youre OK!

I wish I could say dh has my back but unfortunately it never feels like that. I would never make him choose between us but just some support would be nice, but it's always easier for him to pay ostrich.
GingerGypsie wrote:
my_little_blessings wrote:

Thanks for your reply blessings! So how do you manage family events such as birthdays, holidays etc? I know you said you live in different states but do you ever cross paths like at Christmas ( if you celebrate) . do you refuse to go or be involved or go and ignore her?

We won't see her at all for xmas. I just keep to myself last xmas (before we moved). Hubby will sit next to me & he talk to her but i just talk to him & play with my kids.
If MIL says anything i say oh i playing with the kids & go back to it.

With my MIL she will act like she done nothing wrong.

Thanks blessings!
I don't know how I'd cope being in the same room as my in-laws... I truly want nothing to do with them EVER! I wish I could stop them being in our lives totally but unfortunately it's only me they have wronged so I have to be the bigger person... Hence the dread that we may have to cross paths at some point sad
Sign in to follow this topic