Huggies Forum

would you Lock Rss

I have to tell you all something & you probably think it's all in my head.

You all know how much trouble i've had with MIL & FIL & SIL & BIL. Anyway lately i get this very strange feeling when i'm around MIL & FIL that they don't like me what so ever.

FIL will not talk to me or infront of me i am maded to go to my room with the boys or FIL will not speak.

MIL is frosting and i mean frosting.
I feel completely alone, the only time i feel happy is when i with my mum.
FIL has said to hubby that i'm the reason he doesn't come over anymore cause he not welcomed (which isn't true) & that it was my idea to move (which it isn't)

MIL reckons i'm taking her grandkids away from her & that it's my fault hubby wants to move.

Hubby tells me what they are saying behind my back. Plus he show's me emails or FB messages that his mum send him.

She refers to me has the peacemaker (?) that what i seen in messages.

I have said to hubby on so many occasions that i want to know the truth about it.
So would you tell hubby no more bs and tell me the truth.
They will not admit to what being said or being written if i ask them.

I didn't know marriage was this hard and i never image inlaws making my life hell.
I really don't know what i should do anymore.
Each week it get's worse for me.

I even said to hubby i want time apart from him cause he doesn't see the pain they causing. But he says i shouldn't punish him for what his family does to me.

He needs to set his family straight. I'd be more worried not what they are say to your DH about you, but why DH's hasn't told them how it really is? Or do they just ignore him and continue to bag you? And if they do why isn't DH outraged at their actions or is he feeling like he has to be neutral for the family's sake? I'm sorry it's such an awkward situation. I think the further you are from them the better. I can see that they are probably behaving like this because of the move but they are still out of line. Your DH needs to stand up for you and not let you be the scape goat for his family's disappointment/anger towards decisions you've both made.

That's hard. I have this problem with my MIL but its on and off. One minute we're friends the next she's saying I NEVER make her feel welcome. She usually creates drama just before a big event like wedding etc. Its painful but I've decided I will always stand by hubby since he will always take my side as he knows what she can be like. Last time we fought she said she would stay out of our lives. DH said fine and we didn't speak for about a month. She eventually called him. I hoped once dd was born she'd be better because I don't want my kids to ever wonder why grandma is like that. I also find it hard because my parents would do absolutely anything to help us and are wonderful. I don't tell them about the drama because I'm a little embarassed by how childish she is.
Hubby sounds like he has your back on this one, so I would stick by him. Are you moving soon? (Sorry don't know yoir history but sounds like it?). The less you see of them the better. Whilst all my inlaws and parents live close I'm glad my mil lives the furthest and still worls full time so doesn't visit as much!

He told them so many times that what they are saying is false & they can't keep blaming me for his decisons cause i'm the one who supports him even when i don't 100% agree with him.

He said to them he will choose me over them.

Your hubby needs to stand up for you and tell his family that what they are doing/ saying is not ok. He needs to support you. Until he tells them to pull their heads in, they will think this behaviour is ok and it will probably continue.

You can't hold you hubby responsible for his families behaviour, but for he response to it, you absolutely can. Sorry it's such a crappy situation for you.

mummy of two

my_little_blessings wrote:

FIL will not talk to me or infront of me i am maded to go to my room with the boys or FIL will not speak.

Your DH needs to read them the riot act. I mean, this bit especially jumped out at me... WTF?!?!?!

If my DP's dad ever disrespected me so badly DP would probably punch him!!! Let alone let him get away with it!!! That is crazy child like behaviour and I would feel so embarressed - we would be leaving straight away and not coming back until he had gotten over it! Yes it is your FIL and MIL's behaviour, but it is your DH that is letting them treat you this badly. I would be point blank refusing to leave the room - who cares if your FIL doesnt talk? Clearly he has nothing worthy to say!!!

ARgh! Sorry Blessings, that just really got my goat!
So glad i'm not the bad one in all this.

we moving in January & i seriously don't know how to handle it anymore.

The boys are everything to me & they know something up. Little man didn't want anything to do with MIl while little master stayed on the computer.

Hubby tells them off but they probably think i put him up to it.

When FIL came over the other day i said you will not talk cause i'm here & in my own F&c*ing house i made to hide.

Hubby reckons they don't respect anyone.

Going to really have a talk with hubby tonight after the boys have gone to bed.

He knows that peacemaker doesn't mean that. He not happy.

Yeah I don't get the nick name peacemaker at all. I find it damn right rude. It's not you forcing this situation it's them and your DH's caught in the middle. Your In laws have pushed the boundaries so much that the line is blurred. How do they think it's okay to bag you openly to him?

Good luck for the talk tonight smile

Pinkie Pie wrote:
Yeah I don't get the nick name peacemaker at all. I find it damn right rude. It's not you forcing this situation it's them and your DH's caught in the middle. Your In laws have pushed the boundaries so much that the line is blurred. How do they think it's okay to bag you openly to him?

Good luck for the talk tonight smile

I know MIL has said peacemaker to my hubby uncle cause he said it in a message that hubby has read. So it's not just the inlaws it's also hubby family.

I spoke with hubby last night & he was really hoping i didn't see the message, so he could of sorted it all out before i knew anything.

He going to speak to his mum today & i already told him she will lie.
He going to tell her that we don't want to see her for awhile & she has to admit to this or we cutting all ties with her.

I told him that she will keep causing trouble cause that's the type of person she is.

He angry and he doesn't care what she says.

I hope things get better for your family. Don't they say distance makes the heart grow fonder? Maybe they will be different people one you move and start to appreciate you and your family more?

Sign in to follow this topic