Huggies Forum

i pod touch Lock Rss

Hi,
Ds1 has asked for an ipod touch for his birthday,Dh and I are clueless about them.I went to dick smith and asked a few questions and I am no wiser than before.I was told they are like an i phone without the phone.Ds really wants it to play games, not so much the music.If we buy the ipod touch what does it really do and what other costs are involved eg how do you get the games and so forth?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

we do not have wireless so that will be another expense? Melmul, so if you have the wireless, what does that mean, does that mean you have to pay a monthly internet fee or something?I told you we are clueless blink

if you were also going to use it yourself, we find the wireless really useful when we go on holiday- we use it at cafes with free wireless to check our emails smile

so if the wireless is enabled does that mean he can search the internet the same as on the home computer? so its like a mini laptop?I really dont get it, there must be some sort of charge if you are not somewhere with free wireless like our local library/mcdonalds.

We connect our iPods to our house wifi - they only operate this way, so they cannot use the internet while they are out of the house - unless of course we are able to use someone else's internet connection. From the app store you can choose from a huge variety of games and apps - some of them are free, and some have a small charge, depends what it is and what it does. My girls play games, read books, watch tv shows (that I have downloaded for them), and look up things on the internet. You can have the wifi turned off if you don't want them to use the internet from it - that is, of course, if you have wifi. I'm not sure on the internet usage for the games - our house has a large internet allowance each month - 12 gb or something like that, and we never go over that.

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

we dont have wifi and dont plan to get it- spoil his fun lol.If he uses it elsewhere thats fine.I think I will have to go buy it tomorrow(birthday friday)

MORE HELP PLEASE!!!
well I just bought one from big W but I know the others will just whinge.Ds2 said that his brother only wants it because its what he has been wanting for ages.I told him when he turns 12(next year) he can get one then.
Just waiting for the fall out.

So can someome please tell me if I have to go get i tunes card or is there something on it for him to play tomorrow?

MORE HELP PLEASE!!!
well I just bought one from big W but I know the others will just whinge.Ds2 said that his brother only wants it because its what he has been wanting for ages.I told him when he turns 12(next year) he can get one then.
Just waiting for the fall out.

So can someome please tell me if I have to go get i tunes card or is there something on it for him to play tomorrow?

1. Download iTunes onto a computer with Internet access

2. Create an iTunes account

3. Redeem iTunes gift card into iTunes account ( unless you want to link to to your credit card)

4. Download games into iTunes account

5 Plug iPod into computer and sync it to your iTunes account

Most of the steps above the computer will prompt you on what to do next. Pretty sure it doesn't come with any games. If he wants to download games that cost money, get a iTunes gift card. There are some free apps, otherwise it is linked to your credit card.

Hope that helps smile

mummy of two

thanks.I ended getting an i tunes card.There were tears of jealously from ds2 as last year we deemed him too young to get one

Sign in to follow this topic