Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Centrelink are WAY too understaffed!!!!!!!!

Centrelink are WAY too understaffed!!!!!!!! Lock Rss

Sorry for the rant but.....

I waited on hold to Centrelink for over an hour this morning and ended up having to hang up as I had to start work. There's another phone call I can't afford! They have sent me a letter saying my Child Care Rebate will be $700 and yet I still haven't received it?? My hours have been cut back at work so I'm depending on that money!! The Child Care Rebate is the only payment I qualify for at the moment sad

Oh and what's with the update your access section? It just takes me around in circles and I still don't have extra access?? Which is so frustrating when you're waiting on hold and the computerised voice tells you "You can update and access your information online"....... No I can't!!

I know it's not the staff's fault, but why are they so understaffed?? Surely they can afford to employ more workers to fix these delays??

......... end of useless rant

I know how you feel. I dread calling them. I don't do the online thing so I either go in or call. I have to make sure DD is asleep when I ring otherwise it would be a nightmare. It's just something that I expect now so I don't get angry about it anymore.

I'm thinking I'd be best to pop in to Centrelink on my lunch break, I guess I wont be eating lunch today because i'm sure i'll be waiting in there for at least half an hour as well.

I hope I can upgrade my access while i'm there, i'd much rather do it myself online then have to wait on hold for hours..

T xo

Apparently Centrelink are the worst for being on hold. That survey was done on a Current Affair a little while ago.

But i understand your frustration. Its ridiculous. I only had to wait for 30 mins. but the annoying thing is you only talk to them for a couple of minutes and you're waiting in the queue for much much much longer!

Very Frustrating!!
You've gotta laugh, but I went into the Centrelink office at my local shopping centre and asked them about the payment. The poor overworked lady behind the counter said sorry they are only a shopfront for Centrelink and cannot provide that information WTH!?!?

Ahhh back to square one I guess!

Do any of you ladies receive Child Care Rebate? I received a letter saying I qualified for $700 rebate this Quarter and the money hasn't been deposited into my account? Does this mean that I'm not receiving it as it was supposed to be in April? Is this the total of the rebates I already recieved in the last quarter perhaps?? I'm so confused!!! Could of really used that money sad

T xo

The child care rebate is the only payment we receive too. I received mine on the 18th April for the march quarter.

It depends, when. You set it up, how did you elect to receive your rebate payment? Weekly, quarterly or yearly? I think once you decide, you can't change to the next financial year.

My centerlink online goes around in circles too, I think it's because we don't any payments from them, there are certain sections that we can't access. This is despite having full access.

On the letter you received it should tell when the money was going into your bank account? Unfortunately, you are probably going to have to ring them and find out what happened to it. I would have thought you should have received it by now blink

mummy of two

I was just thinking this post subject last week!!!

I rang them to find out about a payment and heard the "We are currently experiencing an unexpectedly high number of calls" and was then told my expected wait time was.......25 FREAKING MINUTES!!!!!

FFS!!!!!!!! Start expecting them and add more staff you bunch of idiots!! It's not rocket science. BAH!

Sorry to steal your rant wink

I was just thinking this post subject last week!!!

I rang them to find out about a payment and heard the "We are currently experiencing an unexpectedly high number of calls" and was then told my expected wait time was.......25 FREAKING MINUTES!!!!!

FFS!!!!!!!! Start expecting them and add more staff you bunch of idiots!! It's not rocket science. BAH!

Sorry to steal your rant wink

Bahahaha you're welcome to join in on my rant!! The more the merrier lol!!

I've given up, if it doesn't get put into my account then I guess i'm not receiving it. I don't have the time or patience to deal with it anymore. Its a half hour drive to the nearest office that can actually help me but its such a rough neighbourhood, I'd hate to bring my DS there! So I will just wait and see.

I just hope they increase their staff one day soon!!! My Boss said it took 4 months for them to process their baby bonus!! It's getting ridiculous

T xo

Sorry for the rant but.....

I waited on hold to Centrelink for over an hour this morning and ended up having to hang up as I had to start work. There's another phone call I can't afford! They have sent me a letter saying my Child Care Rebate will be $700 and yet I still haven't received it?? My hours have been cut back at work so I'm depending on that money!! The Child Care Rebate is the only payment I qualify for at the moment sad

Hi TJK Mum, my name is Rahul and I work at the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

I'm sorry to hear to hear that you were having trouble getting through to our call centre. During busy periods, extended call wait times may sometimes be experienced. But we're working on it and are always exploring new technologies to improve the service we provide. One of these is Centrelink's callback facility where you can request to have someone from the department call you back without having to wait on the phone. There's a link to this below:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/contact_us/message.htm#callback

To answer your questions accurately, we'd need to investigate your personal details so it'd be a good idea to use the callback facility or visit a Service Centre if you can.

From your post though, it seems you've elected to receive Child Care Rebate quarterly. If this is so, the fourth quarter payments are due to be paid between 2 April 2012 and 1 July 2012. There's more useful info on this below:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/childcare_rebate.htm

Hope that helps
Sign in to follow this topic