Huggies Forum

Really Worried Lock Rss

Thankyou.
I thought he was going to make it. I went and saw him saturday afternoon.
He looked brighter and he was wagging his tail and gave me kisses.
But he didnt. I can not stop crying.
And the worst thing is my youngest does not understand.
I have told her and showed her where he is buried, but she keeps asking to see himand cuddle him. sad

Its like he knew he was going to pass away so he gave you his last kiss sad That'd be so hard on your youngest considering he was her little playmate sad

You did all you can to help him!
Thanks My Little Blessings, Sugar&spice, and OC1426.
And Jas, yes i keep thinking he was kissing me good bye. But i wish i stayed with him longer.
To those that were talking about the cost.
My total bill is 1800 dollars.
But that was for 24 hour care, oxygen, valium, and the syrum for the tick plus some other drugs.
So now i have a huge bill and no pet.
If i ever get another pet, not sure if i will or can, i will get pet insurance. Its only 35 dollars a month, with a small amount up front if the animal is sick.

Oh Chloe.
I'm sorry for the puppy.
And I'm sorry for you and your childrens loss.
And I'm sorry that this is something you don't really need on top of everything else these days.

Have nothing to say that can make you feel better, but visualize me giving you cyber hugs.

Thanks Skip xx
Hugs back to you.
I'm so sorry Chloe, he was a beautiful boy. It is really hard when you lose a pet xx

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Hi Chloe,
Just wanted to say how sorry I am.
GBH to you
xox
Oh Chloe, that's so awful! I just assumed he would get better too! sad
Poor little pup! I always wonder whether a cat would have cost us less than our dog does but I'm allergic to cats so that's not an option.

I hope you get another pup or some other pet... as much as you'll always feel sad about this one, the joy that new fur babies bring sure does help a lot.

big hugs hun! xxxx

Sending you big hugs Chloe. Thats so sad.
Thanks for the replys girls.
My 9 year old DS is not coping well.
Everytime he goes outside to play he gets upset.
Should i do a little plaque thingy where he is buried do you think?
Or just leave it as is? Not sure if this will help the kids or not.
I'm so sorry about your dog. Have you ever heard of the rainbow bridge? It's a story about where pets go when they pass, there are poems too, it might be helpful with the kids side of things. Here is one random link I found but am sure there would be others. Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread yet, am on my phone so haven't read the whole thing properly.
http://www.newrainbowbridge.com/NRB/rbstory.htm
Hope it helps.
Chloe, my heart has broken for you. I understand what you are going through. Our cat got bitten very badly from a snake just after Christmas last year. After 18 hours intensive care & drugs, she died. We had 2 weeks to pay off a $1200 account.

Our little man, approx 2 1/2 at the time, took it really hard. He used to play with the cat daily, they had their own games & she would seek him out to play. She was a guard cat for him when he was born, was with him more than she wasn't.

Our son was at my parents one day & he found a little, stuffed, black cat. He named it after our cat & still doesn't sleep without it. He talks about the cat quite a lot, even now. It has helped him to deal with his grief.

She is buried in our front yard & there is a cat statue next to her grave. This has helped too, as he talks to her & knows where she is.

It will take your children time to grieve & deal with their feelings. Maybe ask your 9 year old if he'd like to choose something put on the grave as a memorial. Have a gentle chat about what happened & how he is feeling/coping. It will be hard & don't hold back from showing how upset you are either. Tell him it is ok for him to cry & let his sadness out.

And if that profile pic is of your precious puppy, I'm even more sad for you. They are my fav breed. (I lost mine to a brain tumor when she was 6).

Take care Chloe & family & huge hugs to you all xxx

Chloe, my heart has broken for you. I understand what you are going through. Our cat got bitten very badly from a snake just after Christmas last year. After 18 hours intensive care & drugs, she died. We had 2 weeks to pay off a $1200 account.

Our little man, approx 2 1/2 at the time, took it really hard. He used to play with the cat daily, they had their own games & she would seek him out to play. She was a guard cat for him when he was born, was with him more than she wasn't.

Our son was at my parents one day & he found a little, stuffed, black cat. He named it after our cat & still doesn't sleep without it. He talks about the cat quite a lot, even now. It has helped him to deal with his grief.

She is buried in our front yard & there is a cat statue next to her grave. This has helped too, as he talks to her & knows where she is.

It will take your children time to grieve & deal with their feelings. Maybe ask your 9 year old if he'd like to choose something put on the grave as a memorial. Have a gentle chat about what happened & how he is feeling/coping. It will be hard & don't hold back from showing how upset you are either. Tell him it is ok for him to cry & let his sadness out.

And if that profile pic is of your precious puppy, I'm even more sad for you. They are my fav breed. (I lost mine to a brain tumor when she was 6).

Take care Chloe & family & huge hugs to you all xxx

Thats so sad about your cat. Thanks and yes thats a pic of my little puppy when he was around 9 weeks old. I miss him a lot.
Sign in to follow this topic