Huggies Forum

Best friends Lock Rss

When I was growing up I had a few best friends over the years, I knew they were my best friends because we'd tell each other. I was thinking the other day, now that Im an adult, it's never discussed.
How many of you have a best friend, and would your best friend also consider you their 'best' friend?
I probably have 2 best friends, whom I met through mothers group nearly 5 years ago. I've never actually told them that though. But when one recently got engaged and ask me to be her bridesmaid, she said "I can't get married without my bestie being there with me". I hadn't thought about it much before then, but when she said it I was tickled pink!
I have 1 bestie and 3 very close friends I would say my best friends name is Jade shes amazing and we are so differnt but yet so the same shes te sort of person I can not talk to for a year and then see her and it will b as it we only hung out yesterday, I love her so much

When I was growing up I had a few best friends over the years, I knew they were my best friends because we'd tell each other. I was thinking the other day, now that Im an adult, it's never discussed.
How many of you have a best friend, and would your best friend also consider you their 'best' friend?

I have one best friend ( we been besties since high school so thats like goin near 18 yrs gasp god that makes me sound old as?!?!?!) and i have about 3-5 good friends who u could say are best friends, just not acknowledge as such lol (does that make sense?)
LOL makes it sound really school girlish when i think about it. I have a few, they are all from different times in my life and have known them all since i was young. We dont really say it but we all know it without saying so smile
Nup, no best friend here sad
i had a best friend through high school and it was a boy then after he moved away and we lost touch. he was awsome could talk to him about anything and he was funny as. everyone thought we were a couple but we honestly just loved to hang out and yes we talked about sex stuff lol.

to be honest i have had female friends through the years but i never felt like they were best friends, there was too much cattiness, nastiness, backstabing, betrayal and using going on.

and now no i don't and it's sad

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I have one person who will always be my best friend.... my Mum. ?? We are so close, always have been, always will be and she is the one person I tell everything to. Yep, EVERYTHING! lol roll eyes

Besides Mum, I have one friend whom I consider my "bestie." We have been friends for over 20 years now and no matter where our lives have taken us, we have remained close. She moved from SA to Darwin about 5 years ago and I miss her so, so much! sad We talk about once a month on the phone (shes not into facebook or e-mail) and 3 hours later we hang up! blink laugh

I have 2 kids and married young, she was my Maid of Honour... she is still not married and has no children. But despite that, our friendship has never faltered. She is one person I can be completely honest with, even tell her when I think shes being an idiot - lol! - and there is no harm done between us. No matter what, shes always there... and that to me is a true friendship. God I miss that girl though! sad ??

Here in SA I have quite a large and diverse group of friends. A couple of them I am quite close to, we look after each others kids etc and see each other every day at school drop off, pick up... others I don't see a lot, but we catch up when we can. Not all my friends are friends with each other, not in a sense that they don't like each other, just that we mixin different circles, but when they all come together they all get along. If that makes sense??

I consider myself very rich when it comes to friends and aquaintances. I have some amazing people in my life and wouldn't swap them for anything.

Unless my husband counts the nope no best friends... not even any close ones really. I feel i am always there for them but they are never around when i need them. The ones i thought where close have disappeared, and conversation is very difficult. But i have the most wonderful relationship with my sister in law! She is always there for me regardless. She listens to me when i am down and alows me to whinge and be upset. She is also there for the good times too! So i guess yes i do have a best friend in my sister in law!
Yes, my childhood bestfriend I still think of as my bestfriend, even though we may not speak that often anymore. I am hoping that will change soon though, when she has her bub in August and stops being a workaholic! We met when we were 3, so we have been friends for over 27 years! grin
I know this probably sounds corny but honestly my DF is my best friend.
I have 3 besties. 1 I've been besties with since Grade 8 (16 years!) and the other 2 I have been besties with for the last 5 years. I've also have 4-5 close friends who I spend a lot of time with.

There have been one or two lost best friends along the way to adulthood. Major falling out with those ones laugh
Sign in to follow this topic