Huggies Forum

random question Lock Rss

If some one posted on a facebook status that they wanted to help a single mum who had lost everything in a burglary and asked her friends to help by donating cash, would you?

If some one posted on a facebook status that they wanted to help a single mum who had lost everything in a burglary and asked her friends to help by donating cash, would you?

No, not unless I knew the person really well then might consider it.

No, not unless I knew the person really well then might consider it.

Should have added, all this persons friends know her very well.
Yeah, it depends on the person posting. We had some friends who lost their home (they lost absolutely EVERYTHING) in recent fires in Perth and I told a few friends who rounded people up on facebook etc and we ended up with so many donations we had to ask people to stop giving...
firstly, it would depend on which friend was asking.

but i would be hesitant to donate cash. would be more than willing to donate items that were stolen, but cash?????? hhhmmmmmm not too sure!

firstly, it would depend on which friend was asking.

but i would be hesitant to donate cash. would be more than willing to donate items that were stolen, but cash?????? hhhmmmmmm not too sure!

She is asking cash as she doesn't know the victim personally and is going to forward it to the police station to forward to the mum
I'd be more inclined to have a small clean out and donate some household goods I didn't need any more. If you don't know them very well, who knows what sort of person she is and where your cash will end up? Booze & smokes?
No - i wouldnt
I would however donate many many other things - like i would go & do a shop & purchase the essentials - tooth brushes, soap, stuff for the kiddies.
I would donate clothing - anything that i find around the house that we dont necessarily need or want anymore.
Would I donate cash???

Absolutely not....even if I was in the financial position to do it, I'd still rather hand over items I'd purchased with the cash than hand over money and have them use it on crap....not saying that she would but after seeing what's happened with all the disaster relief funds I'll never ever donate cash again.

ETA...I'm in the process of going through my DS's clothes, cot linen etc again today to give to Floodies in my local area....I simply CANNOT sit here just up the hill from the worst flooded area and not try and help.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

Would I donate cash???

Absolutely not....even if I was in the financial position to do it, I'd still rather hand over items I'd purchased with the cash than hand over money and have them use it on crap....not saying that she would but after seeing what's happened with all the disaster relief funds I'll never ever donate cash again.

What happened with the disaster relief funds?
Sign in to follow this topic