Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Ughh a cyclone is set to hit where DH works!!

Ughh a cyclone is set to hit where DH works!! Rss

Well DH works in Karratha and they are now on red alert with the cyclone expected to hit early tomorrow morning I believe...

I'm all paranoid and worried even though I'm sure he will be fine...

Just wish he was home instead sad
sad hugs, i wish my DP was home too! he flew out on Monday morning after 3months home so gotta get back into the swing of things as we are very us eto having him home now!

Im sure your hubby will be fine x
Thanks... It's so hard when they are away!!

Just talked to him, they are about to go into lockdown coz it's actually going to hit in a few hours, moving pretty fast!!
I am in Broome and we had it pass over us last night, although it was only a tropical low last night. We had lots of rain and wind last night and today is still rainy and windy but not as bad. It has become a cyclone (Bianca) since leaving us early this morning.

I am sure your DH will be fine. I am guessing where he works has cyclone procedures so they would have planned for it. Besides, Red alert means to get somewhere safe as a cyclone is imminent, so he will be just sitting tight in a cyclone shelter somewhere waiting.

Big hugs and try not to worry.
Scary huh!! Sounds like we got out just in time, Hedland had a yellow but nothing much happened... But my hubby is driving back there from here and I cant get ahold of him =S Damn cyclones!!

I am in Broome and we had it pass over us last night, although it was only a tropical low last night. We had lots of rain and wind last night and today is still rainy and windy but not as bad. It has become a cyclone (Bianca) since leaving us early this morning.

I am sure your DH will be fine. I am guessing where he works has cyclone procedures so they would have planned for it. Besides, Red alert means to get somewhere safe as a cyclone is imminent, so he will be just sitting tight in a cyclone shelter somewhere waiting.

Big hugs and try not to worry.

Yeah they have their procedures in place and are all going to the mess now to wait for it, will probably be a long night for them I think!! Nice way to spend Australia Day haha

Glad it missed you guys, I'm trying not to freak out lol

Scary huh!! Sounds like we got out just in time, Hedland had a yellow but nothing much happened... But my hubby is driving back there from here and I cant get ahold of him =S Damn cyclones!!

I was going to ask you how your hubby was getting on! Hopefully you hear from him soon, at least the sites are properly equipped to deal with cyclones so shouldn't be too bad!!
I have just had a look at the BOM cyclone tracker. According to that it will be at it's worst for Karratha around 10pm tonight and it is a category 2 but the eye of it isn't forecast to cross the coast so they will just get the side winds.

It is good that they are all in the mess/cyclone evacuation point. At least it will be an eventful night for them.

We were lucky it missed us and was still just a tropical low, although it is driving me nuts to day. We only got to blue alert. Everything is wet and flooded and it is rainy and windy and the kids have been couped up inside since yesterday morning and are going stir crazy. We were planning on going to the fireworks tonight at one of the resorts but that will all be cancelled. Is the wet season I guess.

Your DH will be fine. Try not to worry, I know it must be hard though.

I have just had a look at the BOM cyclone tracker. According to that it will be at it's worst for Karratha around 10pm tonight and it is a category 2 but the eye of it isn't forecast to cross the coast so they will just get the side winds.

It is good that they are all in the mess/cyclone evacuation point. At least it will be an eventful night for them.

We were lucky it missed us and was still just a tropical low, although it is driving me nuts to day. We only got to blue alert. Everything is wet and flooded and it is rainy and windy and the kids have been couped up inside since yesterday morning and are going stir crazy. We were planning on going to the fireworks tonight at one of the resorts but that will all be cancelled. Is the wet season I guess.

Your DH will be fine. Try not to worry, I know it must be hard though.

Oh cool thanks for that info, I'm just going off what DH told me after his meeting an hour ago... At least the eye of it won't hit so should keep it pretty tame!!

Hope you and the kiddies can get outside soon, nothing like being stuck inside for days at a time!!

Yep wet season indeed, I used to live in Darwin so had a few cyclone scares up there, not much fun hey grin
check out this website.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml

They update every couple of hours so you will be able to keep an eye on whats going on.

Well DH works in Karratha and they are now on red alert with the cyclone expected to hit

Just wish he was home instead sad

I remember when DP was in a similar situation. I won't tell the story, its proberly the last thing you want to hear anyways. But thinking of you and I'm sure he'll be fine. smile
Hi,
I live in Karratha and at the moment there is hardly any wind or rain. We have been on red alert since 3pm but planes are still flying in and out. I am thinking they put the red alert on early to try get people home from parties for Australia day. People become very complacent in cyclones we drove past a few houses where there was parties still happening on red alert. It is just starting to rain a little now but i think you hubby is quite safe. Is he at gap ridge or sea ripple i know sea ripple have been evacuated to gap ridge only because they are in a low lying area so just a precaution. No need to worry!!

BRA QLD 6yo & 4 yo girls

Sign in to follow this topic