Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What to get my DD for her 4th birthday?

What to get my DD for her 4th birthday? Rss

My DD birthday is coming up in March, but as we are due for bub next month, I thought I should get organised early. I have no idea what to get her but! She has so many toys, I am seriously running out of room lol! She already has a trampoline, swing set, bike, scooter, doll house, cubby house, wooden kitchen and endless small toys. Way too spoilt!! ANy ideas on what I can get her for her birthday? She will get money off my family, and more presents off her dad too, so I don't know where to start! I thought about a Nintendo DS or similar, but I worry she is too young to own something like that.
My DD just turned 4 this month, It was very hard so close after christmas. But She got, ballet stuff, like leotard etc, that she likes dressing up in. A heap of craft things, like pens, textas, books etc. Which keeps her busy. Also some new DVDs. And some beach stuff, towels buckets etc. What sort of things is she into?

My DD just turned 4 this month, It was very hard so close after christmas. But She got, ballet stuff, like leotard etc, that she likes dressing up in. A heap of craft things, like pens, textas, books etc. Which keeps her busy. Also some new DVDs. And some beach stuff, towels buckets etc. What sort of things is she into?

She got a few crafty things for Christmas that she just loves, so that is probably a good start. She is so hard to buy for, as she changes what she likes from one day to the next!!
-

My DD birthday is coming up in March, but as we are due for bub next month, I thought I should get organised early. I have no idea what to get her but! She has so many toys, I am seriously running out of room lol! She already has a trampoline, swing set, bike, scooter, doll house, cubby house, wooden kitchen and endless small toys. Way too spoilt!! ANy ideas on what I can get her for her birthday? She will get money off my family, and more presents off her dad too, so I don't know where to start! I thought about a Nintendo DS or similar, but I worry she is too young to own something like that.

for goodness sakes don't get her a Nintendo.... she is four..........
just get her something small and go out for the day somewhere special. they don't care about money value...... (some kids nail polish and lipstick or stuff like that)
Some of the things my 4y.o. DD has recently got for birthday and christmas are listed below. If you have another bubs coming, think of things that she can play by herself.

lego
toy laptop
barbies
barbie car (Kmart had one for $15 this week, it's great!)
art & craft things, colouring books, etc
play doh
small suitcase for sleepovers
She already has HEAPS of barbies and the barbie car (from christmas), and already has a laptop thing aswell. Like I said, she has way too much! I like the idea of the nail polish and dress up things. She isn't really into lego at all but. The only reason I thought of the nintendo is I have an iphone, and she is constantly playing the games on it!!
My DS is 4 in a few weeks and we are getting him an iTouch. i dont think he is too young for it. Obvioulsy his time will be monitored when playing it to maybe 30 minutes each day but i dont see what is wrong with it. He is an extremly active child and its the only time he sits and relaxes. I also would not be buying my 4 year old daughter lipstick!(if i had one, FX this one is a girl smile )

but you are right justus3, it is very hard just after chrissy when they have already gotten so spoilt! maybe make a special adventure day just for her. it doesnt have to cost alot, and since you will have a newborn taking alot of your attention, she will love a bit of 1 on 1 time alone with you. not sure where you live, but maybe find a "special place" that can be your secret place together, take her fav foods, some cupcakes etc, take lots of photos and then afterwards, make a special little album together for her to keep forever.

good luck!
If you want to do something special, well it depends where abouts you live if you live near a zoo take a trip to the zoo and i know sometimes they have a pass you can buy where you can have interaction with some animals, or if you live in QLD on gold coast you could take her to seaworld and swim with the dolphins.
I think 4 is a little too young for a DS, a great idea that i got from an old boss was to do a day trip, (depending on your location), she would babysit friends children and they would go to the train station and the child was allowed to pick there destination by picking a button on the ticket machine, within bounderies of course whatever button the child selected was where they would go for the day and the child would get a small souviner from that place. I have done this a few times with my son for a special days out but i usually cover his eyes so that he cant read the names..

I think 4 is a little too young for a DS, a great idea that i got from an old boss was to do a day trip, (depending on your location), she would babysit friends children and they would go to the train station and the child was allowed to pick there destination by picking a button on the ticket machine, within bounderies of course whatever button the child selected was where they would go for the day and the child would get a small souviner from that place. I have done this a few times with my son for a special days out but i usually cover his eyes so that he cant read the names..

this is a cool idea....

also by lipstick i ment like kids sparkly stuff and peel off nailpolish....

just fun stuff,,,, so don't get all in a hissy fit about the lip stick just the same as bubble bath and stuff,
Thanks, you have all given me some good ideas. I think i just went a little crazy on ebay with some crafty things!! I am thinking this birthday will be kept quite simple with gifts, and just try to make the day all about her. I am sure she will appreciate that alot more than presents this year, with all the focus being on the bub leading up to it.
Sign in to follow this topic