Huggies Forum

McDonalds for a 1 year old Rss

Hi everyone I was just wondering what your thoughts were about this

Hi everyone I was just wondering what your thoughts were about this after a friend told me that she would be giving her daughter a happy meal for dinner for her 1st birthday.

Each to their own. My DS1 never had any type of 'junk/take away' food untill he was probably 2-2.5 and even now at 3.5 it's not very often at all, and DS2 will be the same.

Hi everyone I was just wondering what your thoughts were about this after a friend told me that she would be giving her daughter a happy meal for dinner for her 1st birthday.

Each to their own.
I actually got shocked when I was at maccas ordering my lunch one day.... the checkout lady (and she would have been in her 40's) said to my DS (who is 1) You will be having a happy meal. I said no - he has a sandwich - he doesn't need a happy meal he's only 1!

I do let DS have some fries - but heck not a whole happymeal!

But each to their own...I'm sure there are heaps that do.

That said I love Maccas... and go their quite a bit as DS can play in the enclosed area and I can have lunch or a cuppa without him going off! lol

We didn't with Judd until he was much older, but he was allowed to have some chippies after he'd had his lunch.

With Wil I think he'll be having it sooner as he'll see big bro eating it and demand it more lol. We'll see how long we can hold off smile

Yep, everything in moderation I think. Each to their own but honestly it wouldn't bother me. Softdrink is my no-no, but I know other mothers who give it to their children and it doen't bother me smile

Personally I wouldn't do it, but if it is a one off special treat for turning 1, don't see what the big deal is myself. unsure

im in the minority and most people wont agree with me but DS 15months gets his own happy meal when we get maccas.

but he has only just started getting them (usually once a fortnight maybe)
my kids get nuggets and chips and apple juice. before that the girls would feed him theirs anyway.
i only give him bits and pieces at a time so he isnt stuffing too much in his mouth at a time. and i wouldnt do it for a first birthday thing.
i have only agreed to DS getting one because a.. he steals the girls anyway, and b.. he has his molars through, if he didnt he wouldnt get one
the girls were probably a bit older before they got there first one.

I actually got shocked when I was at maccas ordering my lunch one day.... the checkout lady (and she would have been in her 40's) said to my DS (who is 1) You will be having a happy meal. I said no - he has a sandwich - he doesn't need a happy meal he's only 1!

I've had that happen to me before aswell but at a fish and chip shop. The lady (also in her 40's) gave my son a lolly pop 2.5yrs then said here you go you can have one for the baby aswell, who at the time was 5 months old.

DH and i were unhappy when DH's nanna tried to give DS a drink of coke on his 1st birthday. I dont think they should be having things like that at that age. He does now but as treats only

Personally I wouldnt do it, for a 1st birthday it would be a bit of their birthday cake as a treat.
My son had a happy meal when he was about 1 - 1 and a half. We got him a milk, apple peices and 3 nuggets, which i think is perfectly fine. As he's gotten older he has been allowed to have chips and a burger. He loves it. He has it maybe once every 1-2 months. I think everything in moderation. Its a treat for him. Everyone's entitled to their judgements on this type of thing, but i dont think they always have the right to express them to the parents in question.
My kids both have maccas and have since they were about 1. They don't have it all the time so I don't see a problem with it. They also have coke and other soft drink but once again not all the time.
Sign in to follow this topic