Huggies Forum

oh ffs Rss

I am soooo annoyed i prob am over reacting but iv had the worst fortnight ever and this has just been the icing on the cake
So as iv gone on and on about DD and I are going to Syd for the first time next week, first time i have ever flown, i am very overwhelmed and nervous and my brother wont even meet us at the airport because he cant be bothered, DD is going to be freaked out and want to be carried il have her stroller a suitcase a kiddie suitcase another bag and my handbag how the eff am i supposed to find a friggin bus or train on my own argh im so tempted to not bloody go anymore im seriously losing sleep its not hard for him to meet me iv offered to pay for him to get a cab there and to pay for him to go back grrrrr

sorry just have to get it out sad
GRRRRR he just told me he might have to work now grrrr im sitting here in tears im not going on my own i wont enjoy it il be too stressed sad
bottom line...stuff him and empower yourself!
Grab a luggage trolley, put bubs in the stroller, luggage on the trolley, push the trolley and pull the pram.
Many people do this all the time (myself included) and so can you.
I bussed it with 2 kids and luggage, so can you.
yes it may be hard, but it wont be impossible, and you will be proud of yourself for managing on your own

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

oh hun!!!

can you get a cab from the airport to where you are staying?

Although your DD will want to be carried - maybe put her in her stroller with some food to occupy her - you can't be carrying her and all your stuff!!

I do believe airline staff are 'sometimes' helpful to people travelling with kids and will help you off with your gear.

Think of how much fun you will have once you get there!!!

Oh hon! You poor thing. It is such a stressful time flying on your own with a baby, let alone the fact you're doing it for the first time (if I read that part right). It'll be tough but I'm sure that you will have a ball once you get there. We bought a portable dvd player to take when my DH had to fly to Qld on his own with our then 18month DD. It made it a really enjoyable flight. If you can manage it, try to pack both yours and your DD's clothes into one suitcase to minimise what you'll need to carry. And the taxis are normally right outside the door so you probably won't have to walk (struggle!) too far before you can hop in. Brothers can be so insensitive sometimes but we still love them!! smile
I wont catch a taxi with DD without a car seat i am a freak for car safety so its train or bus im sure il be just fine i think im just very anxious and stressed out over it so i keep thinking the worst

DD is a clingy child if there are people around or we are in unfamiliar territory she wants to be in my arms so im thinking she will scream the airport down to be carried lol
I have borrowed my other brothers portable dvd player to distract her as on the plane etc so i hope she is happy enough to sit in the pram with it, i feel better now after my little cry lol

I wont catch a taxi with DD without a car seat i am a freak for car safety so its train or bus im sure il be just fine i think im just very anxious and stressed out over it so i keep thinking the worst

DD is a clingy child if there are people around or we are in unfamiliar territory she wants to be in my arms so im thinking she will scream the airport down to be carried lol
I have borrowed my other brothers portable dvd player to distract her as on the plane etc so i hope she is happy enough to sit in the pram with it, i feel better now after my little cry lol

I don't know what your financial situation is like and I'm not sure how much it costs, but I'm going to suggest this anyway just in case. You can prebook some taxis with a request for a child seat. And this will mean the driver will meet you in the terminal (they normally hold a sign with your name on it). At least they'd be able to help you with your luggage as well!

I don't know what your financial situation is like and I'm not sure how much it costs, but I'm going to suggest this anyway just in case. You can prebook some taxis with a request for a child seat. And this will mean the driver will meet you in the terminal (they normally hold a sign with your name on it). At least they'd be able to help you with your luggage as well!

Oh really?!!!!!! oh do you know how i can organise this at all??? that would make life sooo much easier!!!
Id still be inclined to get a taxi. Buses and trains dont have car seats and are alot more jurkey in there movements then a taxi!

I have travelled on my own with a baby and loads of luggage!! I was suppose to have an attendant meet me when i got off my flight to hele me from one end of the airpot to the other for my connecting fligth which was only a 30min difference!

He never showed so i lugged everything myself and i could not believe NO ONE offered me any help!!!!

I ended up putting my hip out and had to have incentive physio for 2 weeks LOL!!!!

but hey i did and i caught all my flights with no help... so you can do it all too!

Oh really?!!!!!! oh do you know how i can organise this at all??? that would make life sooo much easier!!!

You can maybe get in touch with the airline and ask them about it? Or try to get a hold of the local taxi services (maybe chauffeur services) in the yellow pages over the internet?
I just think busses are a bit safer to not have a carseat in because they are bigger we wont crumple as easily as we could in a car prob makes noooo sense to anyone else iv always been afraid of car accidents im sure im going to die in one but anyway back onto topic my brother feels sorry for me after my nervous breakdown and mum had a chat with him he has flown heaps and has no children so has no idea how panicked i was but he is meeting me now so life will be much easier, still liking this taxi with a carseat idea, thanks heaps for that info smile

Another option is Hire car like a taxi but better give a few a ring and ask about booking one with a child seat. They do it all the time and on the plus side they charge per KM not time spent in the car so are cheaper than a taxi. With your luggage try and get both yours and DD stuff in one suitcase and then get a good size backpack as your carry on and throw your handbag in it that way its so much easier to carry. If your DD is still in nappies then only pack a handful in your carry on a couple in your suitcase and buy the rest once your there it will save alot of room.
I have also seen people with thier luggage and stroller(folded) on the trolly and a small child perched proudly ontop of the bags with mum or dads arm around them...but even if you just get all your gear on a trolly pushing it while carrying your DD wont be so tough.

Cheers Ness

Sign in to follow this topic