Huggies Forum

When did........ Lock Rss

What age did your child/children walk?? DD is 15months and still walking along the furniture, walls, with her trolley and when holding my hand or one finger. Yes, she comes from a family history of slow walkers but i'm alittle concerned.

Also, what age did you move your child/ren from the cot to their own bed?? What indications(sp?) in the child, if any, do you look for when they are ready to make that move??

Thanks

All of mine walked between 14-15months.

The youngest was in a bed at 12 mths.

The next was in a bed at 14 months.

The next was in a bed at 18 months.

They've all slept much better in beds than in their cots.

What age did your child/children walk?? DD is 15months and still walking along the furniture, walls, with her trolley and when holding my hand or one finger. Yes, she comes from a family history of slow walkers but i'm alittle concerned.

Also, what age did you move your child/ren from the cot to their own bed?? What indications(sp?) in the child, if any, do you look for when they are ready to make that move??

Thanks

DS walked at around 15 months.

DD is 11 months and furniture walking only

DS is 3 next month and is still in a cot. I am assuming he will tell me when he wants to hop into the big bed.

DD ofcourse is still in the cot.

Sad thing is I am due with my 3rd in 2 months, and I will bet me ring hole that I will have to buy a 3rd cot!!!
The average age for walking is 12-18months so dont worry yet.

N walked at 9months-started at 7months.

He is nowhere near ready for a bed. Hes 18months and will most likely be in it for another 12 months!! He is a very restless sleeper, still wakes during the night and I would have a horrible time, including alot ofd fighting to get him to stay in it!! When he sleeps with me he stilloften falls out, gets himself over the pillows! He still also has to have a cot bumper.
DS walked at 13 months.
DD walked at 14.5 months, but she is still a little unsteady over long distances and she walks slowly!

DS in a bed at 18 months.
DD will be in a bed soon as we need her cot for bubs in a couple of months.

Signs would be walking (imo), climbing out of cot (althought mine never got the chance to do this), able to climb in and out of a bed (char cant do this but she will learn quickly! LOL)

DS1 walked at 14 months
DS2 walked just before 12 months

As for moving out of the cot

DS1 was 17 months
DS2 was 15 months
I find it alot easier to move them earlier. Some of my friends moved their kids are the 2 and a half mark and they have all said it was hell
DD was an earlyish walker at 11 months but was cruising on the furniture from 6 months. I have heard people say that you don't need to worry if they're walking independently until between 18 months and 2 years though so wouldn't be stressing too much about it yet.

DD came out of the cot at 13 months after she climbed to the top of it - I wasn't risking her falling out. She slept on the cot matress on the floor for a few months and then moved into a bed at about 16 months.

Leisa.
Normal age for walking ranges from 9-18months, so don't stress! It sounds like she won't be too long off.

My first 2 kids were in beds at 2, we actually bought them new bedroom suites for their birthdays and made a big deal about big boys. DS2 had the cot in his room for about 6 months after that as he preferred his cot still and would only sleep the odd night in his bed. I didn't need the cot so wasn't fussed that it took him a while to like his bed.

DD is 20 months and is not nearly ready for a bed yet. She has not even attempted to climb out yet (touch wood) and I'll be keeping her in as long as I can. No need to rush these things lol.
DS walked a week before his 1st birthday, but I know plenty of kids who didn't walk till even 17months! Now, at 22months you can't even tell which ones walked later than others. I wouldn't stress too much - it's much harder to look after a walking toddler than a cruiser!! LOL!

As for the bed, we are just now looking at getting DS into one & moving out of his cot. He's currently still in his cot with the cot sides down, but still has a rail which he has been trying to climb out of. The last few mornings we've found him stuck in there, so I think it's time to move on!! It's a safety issue for us!! LOL

DS1 walked about 3 days after his 1st birthday,

he went into a bed 11mnts (it was a mattress on the floor, but it was best for him) we put it on a frame when he was about 13mmts.

DS2 fits no expections when it comes to walking or development all together. he is 12mnts old and will remain in his cot for as long as needed coz it is the safest place in his case with his needs.
Thank you everyone for your replies.

It has been interesting to hear what age othe kids started walking, but we shall wait to see when DD will do it. Fingers crossed, sometime very soon.

As for the bed issue, DD has tryed to climb out of bed a couple of times. So I have done the brave thing this arvo, I took one side of the cot and put on the bed rail(toddler bed now). I also went to target and got one of those bed rails to she doesn't roll out of bed but there is a grab at the end of the cot so she can climb out the end. So fingers crossed for tonight. Wish me luck girls, could be a long night, may not be too. lol.

DD walked at around 15 months, but DS didn't walk til he was closer to 18/19 months.

Both moved into their big beds when they were 21 months due to us needing the cot for the next baby.
DD2 will stay in it for as long as possible tho I think!!

Sooooo don't stress about the walking for a fair few months yet! Each child does these things in their own time and at their own rate and there's not a lot you can do about it.
Sounds like yours is not too far off anyway..

Sign in to follow this topic