Huggies Forum

What's teh G.O. with Ipods??? Lock Rss

Ok so I've never had an Ipod and haven't really heard much about them or researched and have no idea where to start.

But I'm thinking that it'd be great to put all of our music on - ok so mainly Judd's nursery rhymes lol and have those cute docking speakers around the house and just be able to shift the Ipod where we want it.

So what should I look for???

Just did a search on ebay and it comes up with sooo many different verions and 'generations' whatever the frig they are???

Hit me with your brilliance people - pretty please smile

Hey chick,

got Ash one for his birthday, we just went for the Apple ipod (each time a new model gets released it is a new generation) we also went for this as we already have lots of apps for the iphone and so we just added the ipod to our itunes account and he gets all the music and apps (games and applications)

You can get lots of different types so it really depends on what you are looking for, we wanted something we could play with (as he use to steal the iphone) and something we could safely get music for with out having to buy a cd... so we can put his cd's on it or buy songs from itunes

Made more sense for us lol

Oh yeah I am an itunes fan lol - love the games and often Levi will have my phone in his hot little hand playing Dora or one of the other games lol

Leigha''s little men smile

Thanks L. Just been looking at the Apple website - so did you get the iPod classic???

And so you can play games on them???

And because they're Apple based can you still connect them ok to normal windows computers??

Sorry for all the questions, like I said no knowledge at all from them.

Do they come on special instore much?

Ipods are great, one small device holds all the music and you dont need 1000's of cd's laying around everywhere!

whatever one you choose - you can set up on your computer. only problem with ipods are that they can only be set up on one computer and cannot be shared with others.

when you do get one, the instructions included are very easy to understand (even for someone like me who is technology challenged).
only problem is choosing what one to get and in what colour!

Ipods are great, one small device holds all the music and you dont need 1000's of cd's laying around everywhere!

whatever one you choose - you can set up on your computer. only problem with ipods are that they can only be set up on one computer and cannot be shared with others.

when you do get one, the instructions included are very easy to understand (even for someone like me who is technology challenged).
only problem is choosing what one to get and in what colour!

Love my ipod! I have a classic 30GB one, it's a few years old now and still going strong. We take it in the car, I use it when I exercise, and it has a docking station that is hooked up to our surround sound system too.

Your computer doesn't have to be an Apple. You can authorise it to be used on up to 4 computers (I think from memory) and if you have several computers in the house you can set it up to home share (I haven't played around with this feature much). You can hook your ipod up to other people's computers (that have itunes downloaded) and copy their songs to your library too. My brother and I swap songs all the time, you just have to tell it to manually add or remove when you plug the ipod in (otherwise it tries to automatically sync with that itunes library and wipe your existing ipod music.)

Ok, I have probably overwhelmed you with details you didn't want or need to know now,lol.

But I do love my ipod!

Love my ipod! I have a classic 30GB one, it's a few years old now and still going strong. We take it in the car, I use it when I exercise, and it has a docking station that is hooked up to our surround sound system too.

Your computer doesn't have to be an Apple. You can authorise it to be used on up to 4 computers (I think from memory) and if you have several computers in the house you can set it up to home share (I haven't played around with this feature much). You can hook your ipod up to other people's computers (that have itunes downloaded) and copy their songs to your library too. My brother and I swap songs all the time, you just have to tell it to manually add or remove when you plug the ipod in (otherwise it tries to automatically sync with that itunes library and wipe your existing ipod music.)

Ok, I have probably overwhelmed you with details you didn't want or need to know now,lol.

But I do love my ipod!

Dee,
how do you "homeshare" DH and I tried to share our music but it just wiped out both of our ipods and and stuffed up our itunes.

Dee,
how do you "homeshare" DH and I tried to share our music but it just wiped out both of our ipods and and stuffed up our itunes.

Jeez glad that didn't happen to mine when I turned it on! I just log into my itunes account on the computers I am home sharing with and then swap music, movies etc between the computers. I haven't played around with it too much because I ended up deleting itunes off our other computer.

There is info from apple that might help you understand it more than my explanation,lol.

Home Sharing Info
Thanks Dee. have saved the page as a favourite and will attempt to do it - but may have to wait for DH to come home, I may stuff it up again. lol.

Thanks L. Just been looking at the Apple website - so did you get the iPod classic???

And so you can play games on them???

And because they're Apple based can you still connect them ok to normal windows computers??

Sorry for all the questions, like I said no knowledge at all from them.

Do they come on special instore much?

Nah chicken he got the ipod touch tongue only because it is able to utilise all the same games as the iphone and it can be used to get his emails, msn and internet lol

We also have the classic too and it is still a great one smile the games are different and they are not as user friendly as you have to use the "wheel" to control them, where as the touch is a full touch screen...

Do you have an apple store any where near you? We use to go to the one at the coast but it is very exciting now that there is one at a local shopping centre too lol- if you do you can go in and they have them all set up so you can play and check out the features and things that each one offers....

They do come on sale but it really does depend on which one you are looking at smile

Leigha''s little men smile

Nah chicken he got the ipod touch tongue only because it is able to utilise all the same games as the iphone and it can be used to get his emails, msn and internet lol

We also have the classic too and it is still a great one smile the games are different and they are not as user friendly as you have to use the "wheel" to control them, where as the touch is a full touch screen...

Do you have an apple store any where near you? We use to go to the one at the coast but it is very exciting now that there is one at a local shopping centre too lol- if you do you can go in and they have them all set up so you can play and check out the features and things that each one offers....

They do come on sale but it really does depend on which one you are looking at smile

Ummm nope not in the little old country town I live in lol! I did see them all set up at Harvey Norman the other day but I didn't look too hard as I was only briefly registering the thought then hehehe!

Thanks everyone for your responses grin

Ok so I've never had an Ipod and haven't really heard much about them or researched and have no idea where to start.

But I'm thinking that it'd be great to put all of our music on - ok so mainly Judd's nursery rhymes lol and have those cute docking speakers around the house and just be able to shift the Ipod where we want it.

So what should I look for???

Just did a search on ebay and it comes up with sooo many different verions and 'generations' whatever the frig they are???

Hit me with your brilliance people - pretty please smile

Hey Ro!

Sorry in advance but I havent read the other replies (yet) lol

Dh got me one for christmas and I love it! It's the Ipod Nano 16gb, it's so easy to use and so much easier in the car then having to stuff around with cd's. I have lots of the girls music on there too so it's great for long drives to keep them happy. I haven't yet got a docking station but that is next on my list, cos our stereo system is a bit older it doesn't have the capability to take the ipod so I'd love one to have around the house... specially for housework laugh

Sign in to follow this topic