Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What/how much do you buy your kids

What/how much do you buy your kids Lock Rss

DS is 2.5, he is getting a pair of winter PJs and a Toy Story mug with an egg in it. We decided the other day he is old enough for an egg hunt, so I just got a carton with 15 chook-egg size eggs in it for that, which will be eaten between the 3 of us (probably mostly mummy lol.) Those & any other choc he gets from others will be distributed very slowly, so we won't need to buy treats for months.
Well we went totally overboard this easter for our kids.
But the only reason for this is because none of my family are talking to us because of the Kadan situation so my kids miss out on getting spoilt by them like they do every easter.

We got our kids new pj's and heaps of chocolate. Kinder surprise eggs, elegant rabbits, cartons of cadbury eggs, buzz and woody chocolates, hotwheels, dora and hannah montana sets, humpty eggs, plus a lindt pack each as well as lots of little eggs for the morning hunt.
I know it's alot but I don't want my kids felling left out because my family are scum.
Oh my i have gone a little overboard DD is getting all of her winter clothes, 4 pairs of licensed pjs, 2 large choc rabbits, 3 crates of 12 eggs for the hunt, 2 of the bowl spoon cup with egg sets, a woody egg, a buzz egg, a humpty dumpty, 2 bags of hard eggs, and barbie toys, maraccas, tamborine, flute and canastar thing, she is 2 and a half, this feels like our first one, first easter she got a stuffed bear, last year was just clothes and one egg but this year she gets to do the hunt so i got her lots tongue

Oh my i have gone a little overboard DD is getting all of her winter clothes, 4 pairs of licensed pjs, 2 large choc rabbits, 3 crates of 12 eggs for the hunt, 2 of the bowl spoon cup with egg sets, a woody egg, a buzz egg, a humpty dumpty, 2 bags of hard eggs, and barbie toys, maraccas, tamborine, flute and canastar thing, she is 2 and a half, this feels like our first one, first easter she got a stuffed bear, last year was just clothes and one egg but this year she gets to do the hunt so i got her lots tongue

WOW

holey moley

the clothes and pjs she would of needed anyway so why not give as a gift lol makes me feel like she is getting more, she is getting too much chocolate but i still feel guilty for forgetting her on her first easter i brought for everyone else and someone asked what she got and i realised i hadnt got her anything thank goodness coles was open easter sunday and she got a little pink teddy bear their bunnys were all gone lol. and i cant help but spoil her, she is an only child and im a single parent she wont get anything from her dad or his family as they are in a diff state so i have to make up for that aswell

Far out! Lol.

I to have gone over board however I have to own up and say not as much as I normally buy.... the kids always get a rabbit, humpty dumpty, novelty egg ie. barbie, truck and rabbit set... loads and loads of little eggs, middle eggs and a few larger eggs.... easter is big business in our house... its normally not the size but how many... people think I'm crazy but care... I enjoy watching them running around like crazy finding there eggs...

Suz - hun big hugs, you did the right thing... and to your snotty nose family well what was the alternative? did they offer to have him?? no you did an amazing job... be strong and get yourself better... who know's what the future holds...

DD1 & 2: 2.5 & 4 yrs- 1 small bunny couple of those little tiny eggs
DD3: 7 months small stuffed bunny

We dont get them very much at all only spend around $10 maxon each we then donate a little money to the good friday appeal in their name as an easter gift to them, we are greatful they are all healthy and want them to realise they are lucky and chocolate isnt what easter is all about.
I dont understand buying so much for a little one for easter (both chocolates and gifts). Think I'll leave it at that.

Whoah! What did she get for xmas???LOL

DS (4 years) Has got a 'Humpty Dumpy' DS (1 year) has one 50g egg and I've also bought 10 of the egg size 'hunting eggs'. They'll get more from extended family but there's no way they'll be having all of it at once. It will last a long time and I'll be helping to eat it LOL. DS (1 year) isn't getting anything from extended family though.

DD is a baby still and is getting a stuffed bunny smile

May i ask why on earth a pp got 2 negs??? she said nothing offensive so why be petty and pathetic... i honesly thought people were more mature than that and that the novelty would of wore off by now... get a life people... bet noone owns up to it either!!

Sign in to follow this topic