Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Does anyone have a child with Cerebral Palsy

Does anyone have a child with Cerebral Palsy Lock Rss

Hi, I have noticed no one has mentioned this unless i have missed it. I dont have a child with cerebral palsy but i have a nephew with it and has as it pretty severe. He also has epilepsy as well. He is 3 years old and can only just roll. It is a sad thing as he is still so adorable. It is hard on his parents too as they have a 4 year old daughter too. It would be nice to hear from others out there.

karkels SA

My cousin had cerebral palsy, it was REALLY bad. He never rolled or anything like that though.
My nephew has CP and to look at him if he is just sitting there you wouldn't know it! He is a beautiful looking boy who can walk but can't talk. He is 7 now and goes to a special school where he is learning to communicate via other ways apart from talking. He tends to squeal and bite him self and hit himself through frustration which make people star at him and make horrible comments which really upsets my sister but he can't help it. He has had operations on his legs to stretch his hammies and achilles to help him walk properly...

He actually only has a mild version but it has affected him badly with the communication. It is very sad to see beautiful kids like this... Just remember they are actually highly intelligent and need stimulation, esp music activities....

Jx

Jilly, Qld, Mum to Amy 14/12/05 & Rebecca 20/7/07

Sign in to follow this topic