Huggies Forum

LEST WE FORGET ! Rss

Hi Ladies,
Just a quick one asking you all to take a moment in our busy lives to remember our ANZACS. Let's pass it on to our children.
LEST WE FORGET.
Stacey,Adam and Cody

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Without our ANZACs the world could have been a very different place.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

"For the Fallen" (1914) Laurence Binyon.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

this one I thought was very important and it only got one reply !!!

bit sad for such a serious issue !!

I am not joking now either !! this is serious !
I agree whole heartedly Franny

MY grandfather is a very decorated war vet and I love him to death for what him and so many others have done for our country
Thankyou for raising a very important topic

my children will be learning about anzacs and respecting anzac day because its respectful it must not be forgotten. And their great grandfather fought in the Korean war and died from cancer, so they will never get to meet him. But they can read him in the many books he is in and also they get to see his pictures every day.

Grandpa i will never ever forget u and the beautiful memories i have of you, you taught me and made me the person i am today. My heart is forever with you.

I miss u Grandpa but i know your spirit lives on and you will guide your great grandchildren through life

we sit there day afeter day and fight abotu child restrainsts and circumsision and all those other things that are out choise to make .....the fact is ...we are only able the have the luxury of choise cause of what these men and woman did and are still doing for us !!

my grandfathernad my dad were army men ...I guess I have a bit of a soft spot for the old digger !!

this day ..is a day all children MUST be taught to respect !! my kids will get teh lesson first hand when I march on Anzac day parade with my dads medels on my chest and one of my grandfathers on Luke's !
May I just add - lets remember what all our army men and women have done, not only the WW ones.
My father fought in Vietnam, only to come back to be abused and disrespected for fighting in a war he had no choice in going to - his birthdate was on the list. It has only really been in the last 15 years that V. Vets have been accepted as war heroes.
He has to live with the memory of killing people and seeing his mates get killed beside him.
So, yes, Lest we forget the fallen ones, and Lest we forget the ones still with us who have to live with a nightmare memory.
I'm damn proud of my dad, and my kids will certainly be taught what a hero he is.

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

I'm unsure what has bought this post about?

But agree 100%. Without the ANZACS the world we know would be a very different one.

Lest we forget.
Sign in to follow this topic