Huggies Forum

cars Rss

I was wanting to hear from anyone who may have managed two kids in a two door small hatchback!! That is my current car and it is already a bit squishy with one however we are not really in a position financially to get a new one if we did decide to replace my car it would have to be reasonably crappy where as I have had my car since new and it is in good condition. We have a 4wd to use for holidays or big trips but I can't drive it and I need something for my running around. Hopefully someone has done this and can tell me if you can fit !!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Kelly,

Hey are you talking to the right person. I have a Festiva, 5 door, and this has been our main source of travel since No1 was born. Yes you can do it. We even go away, with very careful packing of the car to the inlaws. Pram, 2 carseats, portable cot and all the luggage, we have done it many times.

Never underestimate the power of organisation, sounds serious doesn't it,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

my girlfriend has 3 kids and a TWO door hyundi excel

the main thing she worries about is if she has a smash the kids might not be able to get out cause there are no doors

but she has 2 carseats in the back of her 2door and the eldest child sits in the middle.. they are handling it pretty well. and the 5 of them have been camping and it all fitted in the car.
so it can definatly be done

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Thanks guys as well as the room issue I was also worried about the 2 door thing as with the capsule or seat rear facing the front seat couldn't be moved as it has to go all the way back to lock in and with the seat there you couldn't do that so we would get the capsule out through the drivers side and was just concerned that with another seat there we wouldn't be able to get a capsule out so it is great to know that we will be able to manage but probably won't be able to use a capsule which I will miss as I found it so convenient. Thanks for your responses and if anyone else has done it please share your experience good or bad !!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Sign in to follow this topic