Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Does anyone else study? Lock Rss

does anyone else study? if so how do u find the tiem? i am doin uni via correspondence and thye only yim i get to do it is during nap time, but i like to relax then as I have a very active toddler! By the time the kids have gone to bed I'm buggered and couldnt concentrate if i wanted to...
ay tips??

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

I just finished (yah) a photography course via correspondence - not as intensive as uni I am sure, but it is sooooo hard to find time! I started it 3 years ago and couldnt find time when I was working without children!!! Dont know why I thought it would be easier with a baby!! It was a real struggle to get it done - same as you during sleeps - and also dragging my boy out when I had to do practical assignments - and trying to concentrate when he wasnt keen!!! It has taken me all year to do 6 assignments - but I have done them!!! And all with 20 days to spare before the last one was due! Now I can relax during his naps.... I am off to watch House from last night smile

Suz, NSW

I started studying nursing by correspondance last year, but had to stop as it was too much and i wasn't doing anything-studying or family-as well as i'd have liked. Will pick it up again when the kids are a bit older and i can have them in daycare/kinder for a few hours.
If you get family assistance i'm pretty sure you get free childcare to a certain point, might be worth checking out.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi Ashtonsmum,

I've been studying for a degree in Health Science for a few years now. My first son (2yrs) was born two weeks before final exams and my second son (3months) was born a week before exams - I still had assignments to hand in!!! I actually called the office while I was in labour at home and asked if I could have an extension - luckily they were really cool!! (I didn't even need it, I still got my assignments in on time smile ).

As for tips, I just study when I get a free second. It's mostly at night when I am really buggered (I hate doing it then, but no real choice) I used to do a bit at work when it was quiet, but I'm off work for a while with the new bub. If I need to do research, I get on the computer (like now) and do a bit of net surfing while the kids are going off to sleep. Otherwise my MIL has days off and she loves to take the kids for a while.

My only real advice is to not give up - you'll get it done. I've managed to get married, go overseas on a honeymoon and have two kids while studying non-stop. I knew if I stopped it would be too easy to not start again. Keep going while you have the momentum - but then again, don't burn yourself out either! It will all be worth it in the end!

Happy studying!
Sign in to follow this topic