Huggies Forum

Boys Clothes Rss

What is the deal with boy's baby clothes? Nearly every shop I go into has 2 racks (if we're lucky) of boys clothes and 2 billion of girls clothes!!! If you're not quick enough to buy or layby as soon as the clothes hit the racks you miss out. I'm sure all of us mums to boys like to our precious little ones to have nice outfits. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I know this isn't a life or death topic - but it really annoys me.

Jasmine
Hello Jasmine

No its not just you! and it annoys me as well!

although target did just bring out a pretty cute range of cargos and windcheaters and trakkies and windcheaters for boys! so if you get a chance have a look.

But compared to the amount of girls clothes they have its not much!

Melissa

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

You are not the only one who gets irked by this!!!! I find department stores like Big W etc are not too bad in that they do have quite a bit in baby sizes for boys BUT baby shops/boutiques - forget it!

I went into a baby boutique the other day for a look and yes, there was ONE RACK for boys and the rest of the clothes were for girls. That is to say there were some clothes that were supposed to be for either sex, but they had some pink on them. Argh!

And furthermore why do manufacturers seem to think that we only want to dress our boys in blue, navy or red?

Fee

Fee, Brisbane, QLD Mum to 2 boys.

Hi Jas

When I had my son 5 years ago I said exactly the same problem all my girlfriends had girls & had so many different clothes to choose from and I had like you said 2 racks I don't know why as there are just as many boys as girls.
I now have a girl & loving it!

Good Luck & keep looking!

Bec
Hi Jas,

Yes this annoys me too. I used to be an apparrel manager at Target, and it annoy's lots of other mums too, we used to get lot of complaints. But unfortunatly there are always lots of boys clothes left at the end of a season and not many girls clothes, so the buyers always buy less boys. I think we tend to buy more outfits for girls. But as you said just get to the sales early, Layby is my best friend at the moment!!
I only really look in target and best and less but they seem to have equal amounts of both???

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

i agree jas, i have 3 boys & see so many affordable girls sets that make you go ahhh isn't she gorgeous so where's the boys without paying through the roof.

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Hi Jasmine,

I have a 15 month old daughter and have never had a problem finding clothes for her. Now I am 20.5 weeks pregnant with a boy and am looking for boys clothes... "Where are they?" I am amazed how little is on the market for baby boys. I have found a few nice outfits in Target and Myer... but you really have to search for them. Target seems to have a fairly decent range of winter clothes coming out for boys... but compared to the girls stuff, if you blinked you'd miss it.

Let us know if you stumble on any great places for boys clothes...

Michelle
Hi All, I also have a really hard time finding boy's clothes for my son.

Alot of the stores have brought out the most gorgeous 2 piece winter sets for girls and when you look for the boys they don't have anything at all.

I Absolutey love Tagets clothes for boys but have found that they are very expensive and they don't have very many of them. Especially when they are on sale because there are so few of them they sell out in no time at all.

I went shopping just last week for my sister who has just had a baby girl and there were just so many girls clothes i was amazed.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi,

I find that I can usually pick up boys clothes from Target (some stores are better than others), David Jones (again some stores better than others), Pumpkin Patch (not a huge range but what they have is really cute) and also the Matchbox range at Myers is really nice and if they are on special they are normally pretty reasonable. There are definately more girls clothes out there but I usually end up finding some really nice things for my son.

Good luck.

Yvette
Yeah we have the same problem in NZ - heaps of pretty girly clothes and then just plain boring boys clothes! Some brands are better than others but over all the boys seem to lose out! And mags seem to only ever have little girls clothes being modeled and never boys!

Some things are unfair - go the boys I say smile

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have found some cool clothes in Target and Best & Less - but I was lucky to have put them on layby as soon as I saw them, they don't seem to be there now. Pumpkin Patch always has nice things - but they're a bit too expensive for everyday wear. I guess we'll just have to keep on our toes and maybe retailers will eventually get the message!!!

Thanks again
Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic