Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Has anyone else survived 2 under 2yrs?

Has anyone else survived 2 under 2yrs? Rss

Hi ladies,
Is there anyone out there who has 2 babies under 2yr's if so are you surviving. Last week me and my partner had an acciedent (with out going to much into it) I was going to take the morning after pill but half way through the day I got the guilt's, and statrted having silly thought's like what if we never get another chance to concieve, so I didn't take it . I was right at the most fertile stage of my cycle. I obviously don't even know if we are pregnant yet (can do a test at the end of next week) but I am already starting to panic as I have an eight month old which will make him 17 months if there is a second one born. I'm sure I will be fine as I have such a wonderful supporting partner but would just like to know what it would be like if anyone can help.
Thank's
Stacey and Cody

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi, I have a 15 month old, however I'm not having another until next year, but I do have friends with 2 under 2. While they are very busy, I think they just don't know any different, and seem to cope okay. My Nanna actually had 6 children under 5, (the last 2 were twins too!) Imagine that, that would be really hard!! Don't worry if you fall pregnant, I'm sure you will manage! If you don't fall pregnant, maybe think about waiting a little while if you are concerned about the age gap being so small. I know I want to wait till my little one is old enough to understand the concept of a new baby, however its an individual decision i guess! Good luck! let us know if you fall pg.

lisa, QLD, mummy to daughter Dec 02

Hi Stacey,

I don't think you should be so worried. I have a very active 15 month old daughter and am 20 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby! It was planned and I certainly don't expect it to be easy. There will be a 19 month age gap between my 2.

I know a few mum's with 2 under 2 and they cope. Sure they have good days and bad days, but they manage. As I am sure I will when the time comes.

I would be happy to chat with you some more if you find out you are pregnant and want to chat.

Michelle smile

hello,

#3 was 7mths when i fell pregnant with #4 and then #4 was 12mth when i fell pregnant with #5.

#5 is now 6 weeks old, #3 is 3 and #4 is 22mths smile it's a totally active house as we have 2 in school also. you will find that your first will want to be involved with bubby, especially with kisses, patting and cuddling. they also like to help with nappy changes and bathing, so as long as you stay relaxed and let it all flow, and never say "dont touch the baby", everything will be ok.

i found that by always letting my other children explore the new one while watching closely and redirecting stray fingers with a " we must be gentle" i've yet to have any of them get rough with a baby, lol, things change however when they are on their feet!

goodluck and everything will work out the way it should smile

sahm to 5 midgit circus freaks

you made me laugh sleepy

fancy calling ur kids 5 midget circus freaks.

at my work they are alot of short ladies and we call them circus midgets aswell.
hahahahaha!!!!
smile

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Ladies,
Thank you all so much for your reply's, it is nice to know there is support out there if we need it . Will let you all know how we go next week. All the best to you all and all your little bubba's.
Once again Thankyou!!!
Stacey and Cody

not only did i survive 2 under 2 i survived 3 undae 3! good luck u will be fine

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,
My babies are 17 months apart and so far it has been so rewarding. You will have bad days but everyone one does!
Good luck with everything.

Barbara,WA,Rochelle 03/02 + Nicholas 08/03 smile

I wouldnt say that I have survived as i my #3 child is only two and my #4 is 1. I couldnt believe it when i found out that i was pregnant AGAIN.(you can go to uni and get a degree but you still cant count to 4!!!) It took ages to fall with our third and here i am pregnant with number 4. How was i going to make it through was my bigest question. I had so many thought going through my head. But we got through the pregnancy. survived the caesar. but bringing our new baby home was a nightmare. our one year old at the time was teething and had developed an ear infection. my two year old is very rough with the one year old but the little one knows how to get his own back. But when the 1 year old goes down for his morning sleep the 2 year old cant wait for him to get up. It all works out in the wash. even though i have days that i just cant wait til my husband gets home to give me a hand. It was very scary to go through but looking back i wouldnt change a thing. (ok Maybe one thing....get more sleep!)
Hi Ladies,
Well here's the update on our little accident! We did a pregy test today and it came back POSITIVE!!!!! My partner is over the moon and I'm just a bundle of tears (blame it on the hormones). I know we are going to be fine and Cody is such an easy baby we were more than blessed with him. I know some ladies find it hard to concieve, so Iam very grateful for what has began for us, And I know we will survive but would love to keep in touch with you all during our pregnancy. Thank's a tone for all your support!
Talk to you all soon
Stacey , Cody, Adam and our Jelly Bean on the way

UNREAL BANANA PEEL

what great news.. now go put your feet up smile smile it could almost be a xmas day bub

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic