Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. how do i start a cleaning roster around kids .

how do i start a cleaning roster around kids . Rss

Hi,I was just wondering how to clean around my kids,i'm also a very lazy cleaner .I want to have a nice clean house but don't know how to do it and motivate my self into a routine.please any advice.

tammy,beau 4 and rochelle 2.

TAMMY,NSW,22MTHS,3YEARS

Hi Tammy,
I get up early when my husband gets up for work (around 5am). I get as much done before my older kids get up for school at 7am, and while it is still cool. This is the time my 9.5 month old usually wakes up to. I do the rest (like moping floors and other things that are too hard to do with the baby awake) when he goes to sleep. Anything that doesn't get done while he is sleeping, can wait until tomorrow. Us parents need time to ourself to relax too, so my time is while he has his afternoon sleep.

Start by getting the more important ones done first, so that if you don't get time to finish them all, it doesn't matter. Maybe you could try making a list, and cross them off as you do them. To get motavated, perhaps if you get at least half done, reward yourself with a treat!! Hope this helps you. I have been doing this since my two older kids were little. They are now 10 and 8, plus the 9.5 month old, so it can get quite hectic, but this method still works for me, so I hope it can work for you.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Tammy, I don't know if I will be much help but I can sympathize!! I have two step sons on the school holidays and our little girl so things get a little crazy. Just take a big deep breath, broom in one hand, duster in the other, find yourself some good cleaning music ( Kylie does it for me!) and you and the kids boogy your way around the house!
Good luck

Meg,Qld,littlegirl

Hi Tammy,
I also like to have a tidy house, but unlike yourself I love to clean. Although I found when my son was born I just didn't have the energy. I drew up a roster system, Mon- toilets/bathrooms, Tue- Change sheets/towels, Wed- DAY OFF, Thur Dusting, Fri Mop & Vac, Sat & Sun DAY OFF. I'm not sure if this will help you, but I found I got all the jobs done while my son was asleep, and still had time to rest each day. My weekends were free to spend with my husband and son instead of trying to catch up on housework.
Good Luck and HAPPY CLEANING!!
im in the same situation as you. today i found something that might just work. its a site that helps you to organise your home. have a look at it. im giving it a go. if you decide to give it a good let me know as it would be nice to have someone to chat with about each stage. it is a gradual process. its not an instant fix. website below.

www.flylady.net

Mum to Bethany (25-2-03) & Faith (8-11-04)

just get a maid. I hear Naomi77 charges not much.
Sign in to follow this topic