Huggies Forum

Foster mums Rss

Hi, I have 3 kids but my 3 year old is fostered, I was just wondering if there are any other foster mums out there?

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi, I'm a foster mum & have been for a few years now. We currently have 4 babies (1, 2, 3, & 4 yrs old-3 are siblings) in permenant care. We have 3 children/(adults) of our own; 25, 20, & 18 yrs old so we are starting over again (& loving it). I would love to 'talk' with other foster mums. My email address is skip11@bigpond.com.au

mumof7+

Wow, and I thought my life was busy keeping up with Murry and his birth family. I'll email you guys soon.

hey all foster mums
i would like to know more infor about been a foster mum what do u need to become one.....
my husband and i just had our first bubs and i dont want anymore myself.....
can u plz tell me some info on it
kaz april

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi there,
All you need is a stable home and lots of love and patience. Foster kids often come with a whole other set of baggage which your own kids wouldn't necesarily have because they've come from a broken home or whatever circumstances. The best thing to do would be to contact your local branch of Dept for Community Development, sometimes known as Family and Childrens Services and have a chat to them.............it's hard work but well worth it...........very rewarding!
Erin

hey erinj.
Isee your from WA to. Where in WA can you get info on how to foster. I have always wanted to help other children and their families. Oneday would like to foster or adopt. All you people do wonderful things for someone a little less off.
thanks. From a mum and her little bundle.

bams,WA, 3mth daughter

hi heidi!

i realize you may not even see this as your last post was so long ago, but after reading this post i just had to say....WHAT A FANTASTIC ANALOGY!!! i just love the words and terms you have used! it just seems to fit so perfectly with the situation!!! grin
you make it all sound so wonderful-which i'm sure it is. it's not something that i've put a lot of thought into before, but now that i think about it, possibly something i'd like to do when my young family are all fairly grown. maybe like katrina s?

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

Sign in to follow this topic