Huggies Forum

baby after loss Lock Rss

Hi Debbie,

First off your daughters birthday is the same date as mine. I too have been diagnosed with an incompent cervix after two losses. The third time around I had a baby girl as well six weeks ago in fact. I found I was happy to be pregnant but didn't enjoy like I hoped I would and now have discovered I have post natal depression. But I just look at Mirabi and thank god I have her.

[email protected]

mirabi 28/11/03

Hello,
My boyfriend an i discovered in November 2002 that i was preganant (I was scared at first as i am only 20 but i got more excited as i thought about my little baby). We went and told my father and stepmother (very nervewracking!) but when they said they were happy for us i relaxed a bit more and we told the rest of my family.
On New Years Eve, i started to get a lot of cramoing and bleeding and we rushed to the Emergency room where i had to wait 1 hour to see the doctor. The doctor sent me for an ultrasound the next day to make sure everythin was ok, when i got there the lady had to use the internal monitor and i was so scared i asked to see the screen but she wouldn't let me, that when i knew my baby had gone. I was so sad i cried the whole time and i didnt talk to anyone.
It turns out that although i was 12 weeks along, my baby had died at 6 weeks and i had carried it around for another 6 weeks thinking i was fine - this was the biggest shock to me.
My family was great though, my boyfriend and my dad came to the hospital while i had the D&C (They made me stay in the maternity ward while i waited - i heard babies cryng all morning and cried and cried)
I didn't talk to anyone, not even my family for a week afterwards, i just lay in bed not moving not sleeping, it was horrible.

Four months later we found out that i was pregnant again and after a few scares at 13 weeks and 20 weeks i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who is the light of my life and wouldn't be here unless for my miscarriage. I think about that baby all the time, wonder if it was a boy or girl and what it would have looked like etc. Last New Years i was watcing the fireworks and i started crying.
I look at my daughter now and am so happy to have her.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

HI all

You have all touched my heart and even caused a tear or two. I know what you all have or are going through. I to have suffered pain from miscarrage. My first pregnancy was a breeze no major dramas until birth when she decided not to come and I was induced at two weeks late but it failed to bring on labour and was sent home for the weekend. Finally 42 Weeks and 4 days she decided it was time. Birth was going OK until turned her head and had to be vaccumed out before she broke her neck, As she was so stressed she did her first bowel movement before delivery and had to be monitored for 48hrs. But all was well and she is just beautiful now at 4 and a half yrs old. When she was one we started trying for another baby it took almost 6mths and I lost it at 6wks. This still was not easy to handle as I knew I was pregnant but the test was neg so it had died shortly after conception. We decided to try again straight away but alas it took 18 long mths to fall again. I was 19wks when I lost this baby (a girl) and it was hard. You some so far and you think everything should be ok but you just dont know. I always had a feeling with this baby something was wrong and as it turned out mothers intuition was correct sadly. The next pregnacy took another 6mth and like you all was a very stressful and nerve wrecking experince (one I would never change). Every cramp twinge spot or niggle I worried about. Everytime I went to the toilet I check to make sure there was no spots. But I am proud to say I delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy (by an induction) on the 03.12.03 (again 2 weeks late) and can not wait to start again maybe next year.

Nothing can stop you from worrying after a loss but just make sure that you dont worry too much that you cause one. What will happen will happen and unfortunatly some of us experience the pain from losing a baby and some dont - it can olny make us stronger but lets remember our little angels that were to presious for this world. Even give them a name. We named our little girl we lost Mia we loved that name and my husband wanted to keep it for the next girl we had but I said no it would have been hers and it was only fitting that she has it even if she can be hear. If anyone wants to chat contact me at
[email protected]

Michelle - Mum to Bridgett (4yrs) & William (7Wks)

all of you have mde me cry i hve been lucky to hve 3 healthy boys the 2nd pregnancy i had placenta previa and the postion of the baby was a worry as he was too close to the old c cesction scar the doc thought i might lose my uterus but luckily didnt its amazing how mny people hve gone thru so many bad things i hve 2 frinednds who had still borm babies one was at 22 weeks the other one at 32 weeks she went on to hve 2 girls ans just had a boy born at 33 weeks

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,

I lost my son Max on the 24th July 2002. he was born at 23weeks gestation due to an incompetent cervix, and he lived for 7 minutes.

I then fell pregnant again with my daughter Belle in January 03. and my pregnancy with her was nine months of sheer terror. At 12 weeks I had a cervical stitch placed to sew my cervix shut to keep her inside of me, then I had to have fortnightly ultrasounds to make sure my cervix wasn't opening or tunnelling against the stitch. At 35 weeks they had to remove the stitch, which was meant to be a 10 minute operation and took and hour and a half, and they had to cut me open to get it out. Then that triggered 15 hours of labour, but she wasn't ready to come out yet. At 37 weeks 6 days I went in for a check up and they discovered my Placenta was failing, and I was rushed in to be induced.. I had an 18 hour labour that time around before they discovered she was stuck in the birth canal and they rushed me for an emergency c-section! Never a dull moment! She was born pretty tiny at only 5 pounds 7, or 2.4kgs at 38 weeks gestation, but she is beautiful and developing normally now.. Even through all of this, and the fear and suffering, etc.. I love her so much, and I do want to try and have more children in the future.

I have a website that I have designed for my son and my daughter, if any of you would like to have a look.. it's at http://home.it.net.au/~emma/ and I have information about pregnancy loss, pregnancy after a loss, incompetent cervix and PCOS which I also have (lucky me!!) smile

Anyway.. Just thought I'd share.. It's certainly harrowing.. I'd have loved to have had a normal delivery, but I guess I'm special! smile

-Emma-

Mum to Belle 10.10.03 & Max (Born & Died) 24.07.02

Hi Emma,
I have actually gone to the website many times during my first pregnancy (miscarriage) and also through my pregnancy with Talana.
Your story was trully touching and i am so happy for you and Belle!
Your story touched my heart and i always tell people about it.
Our daughters are so close in age, it seemed to me that Belle would have been older some how? Congratulations on the birth of your special angel and i hope things are going well for you and your family.
Thankyou so much for sharing your story, it gave me great hope that even though we go through trials in life, there is always something good around the corner.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hi all,

I just thought I would say that you have all helped me grieve the loss of my baby that I lost a week ago. This was my third pregnancy. I have two beautiful girls aged 2 and 1. They were both healthy, text book pregnancy.

I was excited to find out that I was having my third child. At 12weeks I had a bleed. The doctor diagnosed placenta previa. Then at 18 weeks I have a check up only to find out that the baby had died two weeks before.

The hardest part of all is going to the hospital and waiting all day to try and deliver your dead child. In the end they put my in theatre and did a D&C.

I know that things happen for a reason, but it is also very hard to deal with at the time.

I am grateful for having my girls and realising how lucky I am to have them.

But I was once excited about having a third child and now I don't ever want to know about having another child.

Did any of you feel the same about falling pregnant after a losing a baby?

Thanks again. Reading your stories and knowing that I wasn't the only one has been a good grieving process for me.

THANKS

I just wanted to say that

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Elle,

Firstly i am so sorry about your 3rd bubba going to heaven too soon!

I cannot express the stress i went thru with my 3rd pregnancy after a MC with my 2nd. I still to this day am in shock as to what went on in that 1 horrible hour, even though i knew previosly i was miscarrying!

But, can i put some light on all this, i have a huge, healthy, wonderful baby boy now! Not one day went by during his pregnancy, that i didn't think something was wrong! I use to prod and poke him, just to feel him move and know he was OK.

Sorry this hasn't been very helpful, but at least you know you are not alone fearing another pregnancy,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hello to all you beautiful mums who just like me have suffered through the loss of a baby.

I had 2 miscarriages in a row and honestly thought I would never be able to have a baby. Well I did have a beautiful daughter, who is now 15 months old and I am also pregnant with my 2nd baby, 21 weeks now. I stress about this pregnancy so much, but don't really talk about it. I think the fear of loss stays with you long after it happens. The hardest part for me was that I lost my first baby at 12 weeks and had to have a D&C on my mum's birthday (and my mum had died when I was 14) and I lost my second baby right before Christmas and spent Christmas Eve in hospital having another D&C. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder about those little souls that left us... but I find comfort hoping that they are with my mum in heaven.

I have cried many tears for all of you... we are incredibly strong women prepared to try again after a loss, and there are many of us who have suffered loss. It is hard to try again after so much pain, but every time I look into my daughter's eyes I know the stress and fear was worth it. I can't wait to meet this baby growing inside me and despite all the worry I wouldn't have it any other way...

Bless you all for your courage and strength.

Michelle.
Tepe,

Thanks heaps for your kind words. Yes it is not easy losing a child and three weeks later I am still upset and don't want to know about the world. But you are right, I am sure that I will be fearful if I fall pregnant again but I also know that that fear will go when I see the new baby.

Right now I have two girls who are making me realise how lucky I am to have them and I can't see myself having another child now. Did you go through that?

I keep having two minds. One is that I am never having another child because of all the heartache of losing a child and then the next is this urge and huge desire I have to hold a newborn baby in my arms.

It has been sad and also good reading this site, it has helped me realise I am not the only one and that many of you have had a child after.

You have given me hope that I will get past this and even though I will never forget I will be able to move on with my life and who knows maybe have another beautiful miracle one day in the future.

Thanks again.

Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hi guys,

I just want to let all of you who have lost babies know how amazing and strong I think you are. It is so fantastic to see how positive you all are about the future.

My thoughts are with you all and all the best for the future!

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi everyone,
I too have had 2 miscarriages, I lost my first in 1998 at 7 weeks, then fell pregnant with my now five year old daughter Chloe.
I was a little worried through the pregnancy then i fell very ill, I developed gall stones (11 in total) and they left my gallbladder and blocked my liver and pancreas, causing both to get infected, they finally admitted me to hospital at 31 weeks and hooked me up to drips and lots of drugs, told me i had to stay there till my baby was born.

One week later my sweet baby was born 8 weeks early weighing 4lbs (1.8kg). Both my daughter and i spent 3 months in hospital, 5 operations and 3 1/2 years later i was finally healthy enough for dr's to give us the go ahead to try for baby no 2. Yeah!!!

Well 6 months later still no pregnancy, then after trying for 8 months we finally pregnant only to lose our baby at 7 weeks again, this miscarriage was hell, i lost too much blood and was very weak for more than a month, This was very hard to take as my 4 year old daughter had to be looked after and i couldn't stand looking at her, i was very upset and she was asking us daily for a new brother or sister.(gotta love people telling her what to say)

Anyway i was so sure we couldn't have another baby i freaked out. I'm very lucky my fiance is fantastic, We are now 19 weeks preganant and i'm due 23 august 04, I'm scared out of my wits, that this baby will miscarry or come early.
Now because of my history the hospital is treating me as high risk so i have to see dr's every two weeks, but that hasn't helped me stop worrying.

I'm due to have my 18-20 week scan tomorrow and i cant wait, just to be sure the baby is fine.
It's great to see so many other mum's go through the pain of miscarriage and have a healthy baby afterwards.

Thanks heaps to you all for sharing your stories, and all the best to all of you!!!

Mandy

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Sign in to follow this topic