Huggies Forum

Mere Male! Rss

My husband was looking for something in the fridge the other day, when he shut the door in a grumpy way, and announced that it definitely was not in there. My 4 year old, who had been watching the proceedings said, "Aren't Daddy's eyes working properly again?". Even at this tender age, girls are aware of a condition that affects men that prevents them from looking properly.

Does anyone else have any funny stories?

tired and feeling old

This reminded me of a term my mum used to use when we couldn't find something. She first used it when she was sick in bed once and my Dad had to look after myself and my two sisters. He was looking for something in the linen cupboard and said it wasn't there. My mum told him to "Have a Mummy look". We have all grown up and we all still use the term. I tell my Husband all the time to have a mummy look!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

This makes me think about something my dad said the other day. He had a bug or something and was feeling achy all over and tired and running a temp. Mum asked him if he had take some panadol to which he replied "No" and when she asked hem why not he said "I don't have a headache"

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

i snt hubby to get the shopping he came back and said he couldnt fina 100 paper i had writtn loo paper on the list

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My hubby had a cold and I told him I was going to get him some lemsip. His reply "What flavour is it" I giggled for days after.

Aileen, nsw, Macenzie17 months plus 1 edd 4/11/04

When I was pregnant with Liam I told my husband there was still a lot of baby clothes that we needed to get. He told me that we had heaps (about 10 outfits) I had to inform him that babies can sometimes go through 3 changes of clothes a day, sometimes more. My husband was quite shocked that bubby wouldn't use the customary 1 set a day like he does.
After Liam was born he quickly found out the hard way. (Now Liam only goes through 1 set a day but can use 4-6 bibs)
Kristy

member since 2004

When our son was about 8 mths old my hubby decided to do the weekly shopping, so armed with a VERY detailed list ,off he went.......one of the things on the list was nappies, i had written down the size/brand etc but neglected to write down boy or girl!!!! And guess what? He came home with the pink ones!!!

mum of 1

Hi Jo77

Thats a classic!!!!! Made me laugh.

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi All,

Nothing to do with kids just my husband.

One day I rang him at work and he was on the computer. I was talking away to him and all of a sudden getting no reply from him. So I call his name and said " did u hear what I said" and his reply was " I'm typing on the computer" before he could say anything more i replied with " Oh yeah thats right men can only do one thing at a time" to that he laughed and I have never let him forget it either........heheheheheh

Cheers

Michelle

Michelle, QLD, DD 6yr,DS 4yr & DS 2yr and DD 13 Au

You've gotta love the guys,

my hubby offered to help do the washing the other day while a had a "rest". I told him about separating the colours from the whites before putting them into the machine. Well he took me at my word and separated the colours from the whites before putting them into the machine and then loaded them all in together anyway. I now have a few very pale blue singlets and t-shirts.

You have to laugh or you'd cry!!!

tired and feeling old

several years ago i was going to get a perm, but my hairdresser advised against it as i had a lot of blonde highlights . i said i wanted to grow it & thought the regrowth would not be so obviois if it was curly. she suggested a color change so i had it dyed a warm brown. i was pleased with my new sleek, sophosticated brown bob. when dh got home his comment was oh my god is that a wig? so i ran upstairs crying. he later said he did like it he was shocked as he was expcting shirley temple & got cleopatra! i recently changed my hair agian from blonde to brown my middle son , at 2 and a half was asked do u like mummy new hair? he yelled NOWAY! like father like son! then again i just had my hair premed as i felt it would be easier to style without having to blow dry it. my little man said . mummy where did your other hair go? i like the other hair!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I did the food shopping on the weekend, and when I do my Husband says to me and "how much did this cost me this fortnight". Any way on Saturday I had the meat on the bench starting to put it away and my 6 yearold (going on 13) says to me "gee mum how much money did you waste on meat!!!" I just looked at her and said "Well you don't have to eat it if you don't want to". The Cheek!!!!

Tammie,WA,10mth baby boy

Sign in to follow this topic