Huggies Forum

Slow Cooker Recipes Lock Rss

I have just recently bought myself a slow cooker and I am wanting some recipe ideas

Can anyone help me with some recipes please

TIA

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

Hi, just posted in the other slow cooker recipes thread, you can do roasts and corned beef in your slow cooker!! For lamb and beef roasts, put in meat , herbs, spices, garlic onions etc, 2-3 tablespoons of water and leave on low all day. For cheap roast lamb I just buy the knuckles they have heaps of flavour!
For corned beef - 2-3 tablespoons water and one of golden syrup in bottom pop in the meat and again leave on low all day.
I have also done lamb chops, with one tin of tomatoes, garlic onions carrots (any hard veg really pumpkin etc)this works for chicken and beef aswell.

Hope this is useful gasp)

G'day - I too want to get my slow cooker out of storage and put it to work (Ronson 5L). Luckily I left the pamphlet with recipes in the slow cooker! It even includes how to do a packet mix cake in it!! Pour mixed cake mix into a tin that fits slow cooker, cover with 4-6 sheets of paper towel then cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Do not add water to slow cooker, do not open lid until the last 30 min of cooking. Weird hey. Meatballs in creamy mushroom sauce, Coq Au Vin, Beef Curry, Chilli con Carne, French Onion Soup, Irish Stew and Beef in Red Wine are some of the tamer recipes.

Basically I think you can do normal recipes and adapt them to slow cooking, keeping in mind veg takes longer than meat. The low setting can generally be used all day and high is like a covered pot on the stove. I personally like the auto setting that can be left on if you are out of the house and keeps cooking the food while maintaining a temperature just below boiling. I used to use Auto when I was working, so when DH & me got home we could have a warm meal.

Good luck with your recipes.

Sign in to follow this topic