Huggies Forum

ideas for lunch meals Lock Rss

I was just wondering if anyone can give me ideas for some meals for lunch as I dont have much of a variety at the moment. My son is 8 months old and loves his food and will only feed himself. Any ideas anyone please I think his getting sick of our choices!

Mummy to 3 Boys

ok no one cares to help me out! How do you delete this it is just a waste of space? I will just have to stick to what I can think of at the moment. Might go and by a cook book!?!?!?!?!

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli

Just saw your reply. I think I just replied to another message of yours about cold formula. It does get frustrating thinking of different ideas to give bubs so that they have a variety instead of the same thing day after day. My daughter is also 8 months. I'm not sure what you are giving him now but myself and a few mums in my mothers group are giving sandwiches for lunch with vegemite / cheese spread (in the jar) avocado, cottage cheese. The bread does tend to stick to the roof of my daughters mouth but she loves her water and it tends to get washed down after a while. I do squash the bread together a bit and give it in smallish pieces but as your son likes to feed himself, maybe cut it into fingers. I have purchased a book, which I think is quite good from kmart, it is Feeding your Baby and Toddler by Annabel Karmel. It is a DK book. I paid about $26.95 but have seen it in book stores for $39.95 so shop around. It has a few pages on finger food for 9-12 mths but your son is almost there. Some of the suggestions are:- cooked veges cut into fingers like carrott zuccini or the book mentions cucumber or cauliflower. It says to lightly steam to begin with so that they are still a little crunchy but not completely hard. Fruit is also good, banana, kiwi fruit pear slices, cheese slices. The book has so many suggestions even cooked pasta shapes. If you can find this book I think it will help alot. All the best.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi Meli

Julie again. I just realised that you answered one of my messages about solids and going away. Thanks for that.

If you want to email me, my address is juliexbrown@optusnet.com.au

All the best.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Thanks Julie for both your replys,
I already give my son sandwiches with vege and cheese but I havnt tried the others I might give them a go. He is a good eater, anything I give him he eats! I will have to have a look for that cook book, it might come in handy!
Thank you again and it is my pleasure to help you.
Take care.
Meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli,
Sorry, I'd never noticed this post before.
Some ideas,....creamed corn is great on sandwiches for babies, yummy for adults too!
My little girl would only eat finger food, so I used to make mini muffins which she loved. I also gave her rice cakes with spreads on sometimes rather than bread, cheese sticks or just pieces of cheese, chicken nuggets, potato gems, potato chips (cooked ones), fish fingers, sliced tinned peaches, bananas sliced longways, grapes,.....um can't think of any more right now....hope this helps.

My four month old is crying again,...she just doesn't want to settle for a long sleep at the moment,
Sorry gotta go,
Georgina
Thanks Georgina,
It never even crossed my mind to try rice cakes that sounds perfect! I will be definently trying all your ideas. Thank you very much you were a great help, Thank you to both georgina and Julie now my son can get some variety into his lunch time meal (Im sure he will be greatfull, lol, little piggy),
Meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli
I have a 11 mth old son and i always cook everything fresh for him but at coles i found in the freezer section some birds eye vege fingers they are great easy to just throw in the oven or grill.
I introduced them to all the mums in my mothers group and now all the bubs are enjoying them they are worth trying .

Nicole central coast nsw baby ben 11 mths old

i make pancakes for my 9 month old girl, and she loves them, i add no suger too them and i spread cream cheese or vegimite on them, i hope this helps

Kelly, Vic, madison born 4/11/04

I am ALWAYS running out of ideas for lunches. What i try to give my boy is mashes veges with chicken or fish or spag bol for lunch then give him messy finger food like water melon. carrots, pears, bananas, omlete etc so when he gets dirty he goes straight in the bath..... He eats the Heinz jelly and custard out of the jars then i use the to freeze and i make all his dinners 1 - 2 months in advance. I hope that helps.

Natalie

Sign in to follow this topic