Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

recipe for baby and you Lock Rss

Mashed Potato Cabbage Rolls with Cheese Sauce

I made this the other night as a side dish for us and varied it for my 9 month old. It was delicious and my son loved it.

1kg potatoes boiled and mashed with 40g butter and 1 egg yolk

4- 8 cabbage leaves cooked ( and some pieces for baby)

4 bacon rashes chopped

1/4 cup grated cheese

CHEESE SAUCE
20g butter
1/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup grated cheese
parsley

Melt butter in saucepan, add flour cook stirring until thickens, gradually add stock and cream stir until boils and thickens. Stir in cheese and parsley.

Lay out cabbage leaves and place mashed potato on and roll into rolls. Place into oiled 2 litre shallow oven dish.. Pour cheese sauce over and sprinkle bacon and cheese over the top. Bake in moderately hot oven for about 20 mins.

FOR BABY
I put some small pieces of chopped bacon and some cooked chopped cabbage into mashed potato and mixed then added some cheese sauce until good consistency for my little one. I put into small pot covered in alfoil and baked for about 20 min. Let cool and serve.
Hi
I forgot to add that you can add cooked veges to the mash like broccoli, peas corn, grated carrot and zucchini etc. It is also filling enough as a meal on its own. You could also add a strip of cooked chicken or beef to the roll or even a half a cooked sausage cut in half lengthwise.
Sign in to follow this topic