Huggies Forum

My 2 yr old will not eat at all Rss

Hi there
My son will be 2 in April and all his food consists of Rice crackers, Fruit bars and apple. He drinks alot of fluid, like water and he also is on Neslac Toddler formula. He is very good on it. He is not under weight as he ways 12kgs. He is also tall for his age. So this has gone on for almost a yr as he used to be a very good eater.
I know that he wants to eat as you can tell by the way he looks at us when we eat.
So plz help
Mel

mel, qld, tristan 4

Hi Mel,
Have you tried making his food look fun and interesting? For example, you could frog in a pond.... take a piece of bread, cut a whole about the size of an egg ring in the centre of it. Butter both sides, then place in a frying pan. Crack an egg in the centre of the bread and cook, turning once. Butter the cut out bit also and fry on both sides too. Put on a plate to cool, and sit the cut out "toast' on top on the egg. Kids love it. You could also try soft boiled eggs with toast "soldiers." Even try colouring his food with a little food colouring to attract his attention. Maybe have a special colour day, where all his food and drinks are the colour of the day.

If he isn't losing weight, then I wouldn't be too concerned. By giving him the Neslac Toddler Formula, you are giving him any vitamins he may be missing out on. You are doing a great job.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Mel,

I've been reading a bit lately about toddlers (as I've read EVERYTHING i can get my hands on about babies which I don't even have yet) but the general consensus and it seems to work is to get your kids involved in the cooking - preparation process and they seem to be more willing to eat.

But then again I just read in thats life that a little girl had a $1 coin stuck in her throat for 7 years and that was why she didn't eat much!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Love Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

This post has been edited by the moderator.
i know how u feel my son is almost 4 and used to eat evr thing but now is so dam fussy its so annoying last nite was the best he has eaten 4 ages we had omelette with 2 min noodles he even whinges if he is given chips and fish fingres

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

my daughter is 2 and she dont eat either. she is nearly 3 ft, she is 15 kgs, she eats little bits and pieces but no much at all. but she is healthy dont stress leave him go. if he's happy dont listen to other people just leave him be.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

hi my 3.5yr old wont eat much either, but she does eat those breakfast on the go bars they are $4.60 for 10 at woolies.
and she also loves a different version of dutch curried sausages with tomato:

just boil the sausages in water
mix a little milk with one packet of DUTCH CURRY AND RICE SOUP (continental make it for about $1.10)
then add that to the fry pan and keep adding milk and stiring intil it gets thick (about 2 cups)
and add the sausages and a tin of chopped peeled tomatoes.
Enjoy over some rice.

Another one is creamy chicken mornay:
brown 500gms diced chicken peices in a fry pan.
Mix together a tin of cream of chicken soup with some milk.
then add it to the fry pan and add milk till it gets thick.
season with salt and/or pepper add a little cheese
and serve with rice or pasta.

both of these recipes are freezable for about 2 weeks.

let me know how you go on them.
Tracey

Tracey-daughters Enica & Krystal EDD 28/7/04

Sign in to follow this topic