Huggies Forum

homemade gift ideas!!!! Rss

Hi i thought it might be cool to share our ideas about homemade gifts!!!
anyone doing that this year?

i'm going to make some of these...earring holder

for my neice i'm going to knit some wee cupcakes/donuts/tarts etc for her tea set and i was thinking of painting a formula tin for them to go in.

other than that i will probably sew some bibs for the little ones mayb knit a rattle or two

would love some more ideas expecially for guys as they are so hard to buy for!
I love making baby quilts. They aren't to big so don't take to long to make and aren't to tricky. You can by jelly rolls etc that are already cut.Choosing pretty fabric is fun. I love homemade pressies. So personal. smile smile

For little treats for family/friends (eg people I don't normally get a bigger gift for, or to go with their pressies) I like to make these..

They're quick & easy & you can fill them with just about anything.
The look great. What are called and how do you make them?

Thank you for sharing!

For little treats for family/friends (eg people I don't normally get a bigger gift for, or to go with their pressies) I like to make these..

They're quick & easy & you can fill them with just about anything.

SA, 2 boys

Hi

Depends on who they are for, but a sometimes I make 2 or 3 batches of different biscuits & make a mixed, small basket of biscuits for people.

Lemon butter is another one I do. Smaller jars & I can get up to 8 pressies from one batch. Does depend on the jars & people keep asking for more.

Get a plain photo frame or trinket box & decorate it.

Have fun, whatever you do. smile

The look great. What are called and how do you make them?

Thank you for sharing!

I don't think they really have a name..plastic cup reindeer? lol.

Take 2 plastic cups, trace around the tops onto cardboard, free draw antlers onto one circle & cut out. Fill cups with lollies, popcorn, trinkets, etc. Glue cardboard onto cups. When that's dry, put one cup upside down & glue the other (the one with antlers) on top. Add eyes, pompom nose, tie ribbon around the 'neck' where the 2 cups join & voila, a reindeer. For the ears you could cut them out along with the antlers..I used felt. Here's a side view, it might help make more sense of my garbled instructions lol.

oh & the white wrapped lollies in the bottom of that are homemade caramels <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span> I always make caramels at christmas, they are yummy as gifts too. I often pick up cute christmas tins really really cheap in Jan, then make caramels & some nice biscuits & give those as gifts too. Shortbread reindeer bikkies have proven very popular..

That was my first ever batch lol, they should be looking much better this year <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span>

oh & the white wrapped lollies in the bottom of that are homemade caramels <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span> I always make caramels at christmas, they are yummy as gifts too. I often pick up cute christmas tins really really cheap in Jan, then make caramels & some nice biscuits & give those as gifts too. Shortbread reindeer bikkies have proven very popular..

That was my first ever batch lol, they should be looking much better this year <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span>

You are such a resouceful woman! Those biscuits look fantastic. If better this year - wow! Start your own little business - the next to rival Arnotts maybe? LOL but you never know...

These are awesome. Will be stealing I mean borrowing this idea for sure!!!!!

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

These are awesome. Will be stealing I mean borrowing this idea for sure!!!!!

lol, steal away. Use gingerbread man cookie cutters & turn them upside down.
Sign in to follow this topic