Huggies Forum

What is your "love story"?? Lock Rss

Mine - DF and I were best friends in high school, but hung out with totally different crowds so most of our time together was spent outside HS. We both "liked" each other, but were too shy to do anything about it.
When I was 18 and had depression I was sick of the country town and up and left - literally - in the middle of the night. Didnt say goodbye to anyone or stay in touch with anyone. (I was messed up lol)
After DP and I split up earlier this year, he found me on FB, and we met up. The feelings we had for each other were still there, stronger than ever, and it turns out since I left he had decided he would never get married or have kids with anyone because they wouldnt be me. On his 23rd birthday he decided he would stay single forever.
We are now getting married and plan on having lots of babies... so what is your love story????
(PS - In case you cant tell, am in a loving mood again lol)
My love story is this lol - My sister's uni had this thing you could sign up too to get certain jobs emailed to you and she passed it on to me. I applied for a heap and one happened to be as a checkout chick at this warehouse. Nothing came of it at the time but then a few months later a company that delivered out of the warehouse called me and offered me a job! DF worked in that warehouse. He first saw me when my boss was showing me around and introducing me to these other guys. He was on a forklift and I didn't see him but he said he got so distracted by me he nearly crashed lol. The first time I ever spoke to him was really weird, we both seemed really nervous.. It sounds lame but there was something there. He asked me out after I'd been working there for a month, we went to a pub and watched a band and a week later he told me he loved me. And then we got engaged on our two week anniversary and decided to start TTC. 5 months later I was pregnant and we moved into our own place (well, I say own.. I mean out of my mum's and into a rental lol).

DP lived in Townsville and I lived in Sydney - one weekend a mutual friend of ours who lived on the Gold Coast was having a massive housewarming party. I met DP there and we really hit it off - but both of us were seeing other people at the time.

Then a few months later, we were both single and happened to meet at a corporate event in Sydney (we work in the same industry.) I invited him over for 'coffee' one night whilst he was in town. We had such a great time together just haning out and he invited me to come and stay with him up in Townsville for the weekend.

Which I did.

Then did again the next week.

And the week after that.

Then the week after than. (Luckily I had a high-paying job that allowed me to pay for the flights every weekend!!!)

At that point, we decided we couldn't live without each other so I quit my job and moved to Townsville.

We have now been together over 3 years and DS is 18months.
Posted by: borntobeamum
Mine - DF and I were best friends in high school, but hung out with totally different crowds so most of our time together was spent outside HS. We both "liked" each other, but were too shy to do anything about it.
When I was 18 and had depression I was sick of the country town and up and left - literally - in the middle of the night. Didnt say goodbye to anyone or stay in touch with anyone. (I was messed up lol)
After DP and I split up earlier this year, he found me on FB, and we met up. The feelings we had for each other were still there, stronger than ever, and it turns out since I left he had decided he would never get married or have kids with anyone because they wouldnt be me. On his 23rd birthday he decided he would stay single forever.
We are now getting married and plan on having lots of babies... so what is your love story????

Naaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww...... smile]

Lol - thats why I dont worry when people stress that I have "moved on" so "quickly"... high school sweet hearts with 10 years to catch up on! lol
Because he is not some random I am not scared, and know that I am finally in the right place.
Was working underground as a geo, had seen DH around n thought he was kinda cute but hadn't really talked to him much (different roster so i wasn't always on with his crew).. anyway one night shift i hadn't headed down the hole yet n was having coffee on the surface with the shift boss when a call came through of a dump truck having caught fire down the hole (big deal in an underground mine) and way the shift boss heard fire I heard the location n cuz he didn't have his vehicle back yet he jumped in with me in my ute and we headed down.. anyway it turned out to be future DH, fire was out when we got their I gave the shift boss my ute to go back to the surface so he could call the appropriate ppl and I stayed on watch with DH to make sure the truck didn't catch alight again (which it didn't) until the big bosses arrived n then just started talkign to him again and again on shift n he invited me out for drinks when we got back to town on break n we just hit it off from then

A friend of mine who i had not seen in a couple of months ask me if i wanted to go on a date with her bil and i said yes. Thinking that she will forget and when i got a phone call saying what day to you want to go out i said saturday. Has soon has i saw him i remembered him from school. And we click the next day we went and saw a movie, sat outside kfc for over 2 hours then went and sat on the water front for 3 hours. And he more romantic now then he was when we first got together.

Posted by: borntobeamum

Mine is pretty much the same as yours but i never moved away DP & I got together when he left high school. Been together ever since, for 6 years now smile
Df and I were both 17 and both used to catch the train and we used to always watch each other from opposite platforms. I was so intrigued by this guy in the red jumper that I swapped trains - went from an express service to an all stops lol - then I'd sit across from him on his train untill I had to get off. This went on for a little while till all of a sudden he wasn't there anymore... I was heart broken smile lol so went back to catching my express service... Then one day a few months later I looked out the window at the next station, and I saw an ever famliar red jumper hehe and thought to myself if I want to know what this will lead to then I've got to get off this train at the next stop, which I did, and sooo glad the next train to arrive was his, so I got on and for the first time we chatted... Then he put his number in my phone n we arranged to meet up that weekend... At this point I still didn't know his name, I had to check my phone to find out his name lmao... And we've been together ever since, 7 and a half years n 2 gorgeous bubbas... About 3 years ago a longer version of this story was published in the Take 5 magazine... Lol
he was the bestman at his best friends wedding and i was the chief bridesmaid at my best friends wedding. Everyone was hoping that we would hit it off and i was actually referred to as his date on the day. the annoying younger brother of the bride said as dh was leaving 'she likes you' which earnt the little bugger a big slap to the head, but it prompted dh to ring the bridal couple for my number the next day. our first date was the week after. 8 LONG years later...
DP moved into his dad's house, 2 doors down from my parents, in June 1988....we were both 17yrs old and my first thought was 'phwoar he's hot!'. We got to know each other as friends as I was seeing someone and he was more interested in partying all weekend every weekend LOL.

Over the years we became the closest of friends, even to the point of him being my ex's Best Man when I got married, and is godfather to my 2 x DD's. He was also my 2nd support person when DD2 was born, and got first cuddle even before me!! Well it was his 25th birthday so he claimed first nurse hehehe

We've been through some really tough times over the years and always been able to depend on each other no matter what's happened (and yeah we've had our major disagreements) and for a couple of years before we became an item were 'friends with benefits' but neither of us was prepared to risk ruining our friendship with all the relationship drama. DP got sent to Melbourne for work in 2002 for nearly 3 months and all of a sudden he realised he was missing me like mad and our mobile phone bills were horrendous!

When he got back from Melbourne we sat down and had a deep and meaningful chat about what we both wanted if we decided to have a go at a relationship and his biggest desire was for more kids but he'd always thought I didn't want anymore kids so he'd never asked....yes I'd always said I didn't want more than 2 but what he didn't realise was I would have given him kids with no hesitation cos I'd fallen in love with him years ago!! Anyway we decided to start TTC pretty much straight away after he got back from a 3 month job up near Mackay and after 4yrs of trying we finally fell with DS1 in October 2007. DS1 arrived 3 weeks early in June 2008 and the utter joy on his face when he delivered his son made me fall even deeper in love with him, if that's at all possible LOL.

We thought our family was complete after DS1 arrived as it had taken so long to concieve him so we decided that was it and had settled into a new life with bubby and the 3 teenage girls (DP has a daughter), only to discover in November 2008 that DS2 was well on his way!! DS2 arrived in June 2009, 13 days before his big brother turned 1yr old, and again he delivered him.

The joy DP gets from his son's and the fantastic relationship he has with my DD's convinced me that I've found the man I'm supposed to be with and we're planning on having a Commitment Ceremony in a couple of years time when the boys can be involved too.

He's the love of my life and completes me, if that makes any sense, and if I have to wait a couple of years for the ceremony who cares?? I've been chasing him for 20+ years so what's another couple?? LOL

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

I first met DH at a deli that i used to work at. He would come in all the time to order lunch and i would always have a perv on him. I remember telling my bestie how cute he was and that he had the kindest eyes..Anyways long story short when my partner(at the time) and i seperated i went down to have a drink at the bar that i knew DH worked at and we got to chatting and that was that!
DH later told me that even though there were 3 other delis closer to his home he would always make the drive to mine so that he could see me!LOL
10 year down the track and i still think that he has the kindest, most beautiful eyes....

Sign in to follow this topic