Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Celebrations - Kids (Birthdays / Christenings etc)
  5. 2yo Birthay Party, Lunch, Bob the Builder theme. What to do for entertainment and food?

2yo Birthay Party, Lunch, Bob the Builder theme. What to do for entertainment and food? Lock Rss

My boy turns 2 on the 20th of June. Does anyone have any ideas for entertainment and food? we are doing a lunch party with 3 toddlers and a group of adults. I havent a clue what to do. Its a BOB the builder theme. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mum to 3 boys

Hey Lizz.

Have you got some blocks? That might be a good starting point if the kids can build some stuff with blocks (or leggo). Other games that the kids will probably like would be pass the parcel - you could put a small 'building' prize under each layer like plastic hammers or small construction toys (I just bought some for my little girl from Target - theyy're made by playskool and they come in a set of 5 small construction trucks for about $20) under each layer, perhaps with a set of building blocks or a bob the builder toy for the big prize.

I have a Kids Party website which has some party food recipes - check them out, there's heaps of recipes that you could use that are suitable for kids and adults.

Good luck and I hope this helps

My DS1 is 2 on thge 29th June and I have cheated this year and gone a party at Maccas...But if I was going to do the party thing I would have pass the parcel, maybe a oh what they called with lollies in them and you hit with a bat or something.

With food I would go the fairy bread, sausage rolls and party pies, little boys, lollies, chips, patty cakes, choclate crackles and honey joys. I also have cordial very weak and a green or orange in colour.

If your looking for a healthy option is a fruit platter, orange juice or homemade lemonade, banana sticks which is a banana cut in half with a paddle pop stick then rolled in chocolate sprinkles and then frozen. or you could do the banana without the sprinkles. Home made or bought yohgurt or jelly in tubes with maybe some smarties on the bottom to jazz them up or maybe another kind of lolly and a plate of sandwhiches. A good one is jelly and a frog AKA frog in a pond.

With the adults I have always made the dip, biccies and carbana and then sandwiches...

HTH...have a great day when it comes...

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

Thank you. You have both given me some great ideas.
Much appreciated.

Mum to 3 boys

Sign in to follow this topic