Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

What Potty? Rss

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to start to toilet train my little girl in the next couple of months and dont know what potty seat to buy. I liked the musical ones but am concerned that when the music goes she would want to see where the music comes from (what a mess) so I canned that idea. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Fiona, NSW

mmmmm potty, waste of time............you need to get her used to the toilet first off otherwise you train them on a potty and then you have to do the same with the toilet, I have 3 kids and have trained one who is 13 years old (he better be trained by now.......ha ha) and another that Im in the process of training he is 2 1/2 Ive bought a seat that fits neatly into the normal toilet and it has little stairs, they are a bit expensive but they are worth it in the end and they cant fall in..........gee that would be nice sometimes wouldnt it...........mmmmmmm it would. Good luck
I just bought my daughter a potty, the one that's like a little seat then it converts into steps for the toilet. I don't think a potty is a waste of time, some little kids are intimidated by the "big" toilet, I know my daughter doesn't want anything to do with it, she scared because it's so high up. She's just playing around with the potty atm, I bought it so she can get used to the idea.
Good Luck!!

Christy (21) Mummy to Ella (14/03/02)

Hi Ellas mum,

I agree, the toilet is so big for little girls and boys, i'm sure! My daughter is 2 and 3 months and we are just beginning!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I agree with going straight to the toilet. Otherwise you have to empty and clean the potty after each use - and if your not fast enough when they get off it, your littlie may do it for you - onto the floor!
It your child isn't ready to go on the toilet, maybe they aren't ready to be toilet trained yet. The little seats are great but not a necessity so if you can"t afford one , just help them balance on the big seat.
Thanks everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback. I ended up buying the Safety 1st musical potty that I actually flush when she puts the seat down. It has a padded seat which can be put onto the big toilet at a later stage. The toilet in my house is in a very small room with a bi-fold door that she can open and we have just put down new carpet in that area. Needless to say that I was not keen on Big toilet training but I can understand the logic behind it. As I said the Royal Potty was not really an option becasue of when it makes the music.
So far have had limited success but any success is good success. She loves sitting on it and even loves putting the lid down. There's hope for my husband yet. Maybe she will teach him.
Thanks again for your ideas

Fiona, NSW

i agree with you and get boys to sit down as if stand up its hard to get them sit later 4 a poo

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic