Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Toys For 19mth plus Rss

Now that the half yearly sales are on I would like to start laybying presents for Christmas. Beat the rush!! The problem is my husband and I don't know where to begin. Our son will be 19mths at Christmas. What toys are great for the age of 19mth - 2 years?

Bouncing Baby Boy, NSW, 14mth boy

Hi,
i too have been thinking about xmas my son will be 22months at xmas. i want to get organzised before my new baby cames in september but i was thinking something like a table and chair set because one of my friend has one and my son Jack loves it or an blackboard. he is not really into toys at all. he likes bikes and trucks and animals.
Hope that helps.

Tracy, NSW,12mth & expecting

If you can find one in the sales, a miniature basketball ring is ideal. My boys (2 and 4) love theirs, and we've had it since the eldest was about 1 month old (Daddy got excited)! Ours is plastic and extends upwards in height from about 4 foot to about 6 foot (ring height) and the base is weighted with water to avoid accidents. Both of them play with it constantly.
I couldn't go past 'Little People' toys by Fisher-Price. For my son's 1st birthday we bought him the Farm House which included a farmer, animals and tractor. To this very day it's still one of his favourite toys. He uses it at least 3 or 4 times a week and he turns 3 at the end of this month. I will definately buy my next son a 'Little People' toy for his 1st birthday, also. Maybe the airport. I've heard that there is a zoo coming out. If you log on to www.fisher-price.com.au it shows you all the different products.
For my son's 2nd birthday we bought him a Thomas Tank Engine Figure 8 track and trains- the wooden one by Learning Curve. A little expensive but those wooden things last a lifetime. It's great, too, in that you can add to it when you're buying gifts for other special occasions.

Lisa. Mum to Ethan 25/9/2000 and Ben 6/5/2003

Hi,
Yeah Little People is great little J.A. loves hers...She's now 28mnths and is really getting into them, but she got them on her 1st birthday...at that stage just the car...but now they are seem to be taking over the house !!!!!!!

JAG
Puzzles - dress ups - both boys and girls love dressing themselves at this age, necklaces bangles, bags to put things in. They are also learning to talk at this age so anything that will help this - picture books about their favorite subject. Flash cards. and more puzzles!
They don't have to be big and noisy toys to keep thier attention, but if they are learning a new skill they will try it over and over again.
hi I have a 3year old (boy) a 2 year old(boy) and a 6 month old (girl), my three year old loves guns and trains, but when my 6 mo was born we bought both the boys a doll each, and they love it, they bath them when I bath Cahlia, they dress them and feed them, and I found it great although they are boys they love their dollies, and my three year old also loves to dress up, he wears stockings and high heels, and my 2 year old loves to play hair dresses and my 3 year old always loves to join in! just a few ideas!! hope that helps

3 kids under 3

Hi there
My son is almost 2. And he loves blocks and this lawnmower that he got for xmas. He also loves dolls. He has a pram and bottles and all that sort of stuff. But I will not let him have guns, there is something bout them that I don't like. But everybody is differant.
Also my son loves to water the garden so he has his own watering can and rake and shovel. They where the best present that he ever got.
So they are just some ideas hope they work for all mums
mel

mel, qld, tristan 4

my sons aged 2 and 3 love the slip and slide but due to the water resrictions hve only used ti once at my patrent who hve tak water but can use it there much longer as tey need to buy water now as tans gattin low how about a gols or badmintn set i like outside toys to birn all that eneegy or a clam shell filled with water or sand or try using rice not sand tehy hve as much fun with that too

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

i just bought my 2 yr old son the aqua doodle he & his brothers love it. it has a special mat to draw on with special pens that u fill with water. they will only draw on the mat. he loves the tonka trucks and balls to kick my mum has bought some of the enjy benji toys they are a hit too!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic