Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

From kisses to bites Lock Rss

Hi,

I have a very affectionate 16 month old son who loves to give kisses. With an open mouth, he kisses me on the face, arms, legs but recently his kisses have turned into occassional bites. He isn't upset or angry when he does this so I can't understand why he does it. He gets a very firm no and if I am holding him, I put him down. This upsets him and works at the time, but several days later he may do it again. I also have a 5 month old daughter who he adores and is constantly giving kisses to. He hasn't bitten her yet but I am worried he might. Biting him back as punishment for biting doesn't make sense to me so I am hoping for any suggestions other mums may have to stop this.

Carly, NSW Mum x's 2

sorry i don't have any suggestions as my sone went through the exact same thing at that age and "faze" went away a couple of months later. He is now 2 1/2 and just started to do the same thing!!!! I can't believe it I thought I was definitely over it!!! He gets time-out now when he does it and it seems to work, he hasn't done it now in a couple of weeks.

Mum to Bub

Sign in to follow this topic