Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

stressed out Rss

Dear Sheep (baa)
It's early days yet. Give your little girl a bit of time to adjust. The baby will become part of the furniture. It's hard to persevere with your discipline methods when you are at your wits end but keep it up and you will produce a really well adjusted little girl, as I've said before...kids respond to boundaries and without them they don't really know where they begin and end. It just takes time and a LOT of energy (I know yours is limited at this time)but the results pay dividends! Keep going, we are right behind you! When you get exhausted think of us thinking of YOU!!X (Oh, and BREATHE!!)

Lydia,SA,Mum of 4 & 3 yr old boys!

Hi there,

I am a new member also, I have two boys a 3 week old and a 21 month old, I can completely relate to what you are going through.

My toddler is very happy with the baby (for now) but his behaviour is changing especially towards me he hits me, bites me and points his finger and yells no! to me. Then in the next split second he is kissing and cuddling me!

It is very hard work and a big adjustment time for us all.

I rang Tresillian (a great parent help line here in AUS) and they likened what my toddler is going through to how I would feel if my husband brought home another wife to live with us.... that helped me relate and understand what he is going through a little better.

If you would like to e-mail me my e-mail address is kerrieglass@hotmail.com

Good luck
sorry the email address should have read
donna.i@clear.net.nz

The excuse, I am blonde lol.

mum of 5 - http://www.gastricreflux.org

Don't get me wrong Lydia, I love being a Blonde. It definately has it's advantages. I often use that as an excuse whenever I do something stupid and not to mention the fact that Blondes do have more fun!!!!

Thanks too for the get go on the "chatting on line" thing. We do have messenger hooked up but I just thought there might have been some way for all us mums to be able to chat while we are visiting this site. Not to worry.

And I do love being a stay at home mum and know how lucky I am to be able to do that. It is just that when you have been out of the nappy/sleepless night ect routine for a while it's a little hard to get use to all over again.

Anyway, thanks again..... Talk to you soon!!! smile

Jen, Sydney

Hi chicky, my name is Kristy and soon I may go through what you r going through. Im only 21 and I have two girls an 18 and 5 month old. My eldest is slowly starting to get to that mischeif stage and sometimes she drives me absoulutely nuts, with her grizzling. I'm just lucky I have supportive family and friends who help me out, and most of all a loving partnet who just adores her and has so much patience with her. She is good with her baby sister, and I'm not sure how they are going to be when they get older, but time will tell. All I can say is maybe some parenting classes might be helpful
or, time out at playcentres for her maybe an idea. By the sounds of it, she is just wanting attention. Which I know is hard to give all the time especially when you have another little one. So hope to hear from you and hope all is going well!

Kristy, NZ, 18 & 5 mth baby girls

Hi Kristy
Thanks for replying, it was a while ago now that I wrote that and Im pleased to say things are getting better Lucie is now 5months old and is doing real well. Lydia just adores Lucie and the behaviour has really changed thank god!!! Lydia is also now at morning kindy and absolutely loving it so thats really good for her. I think the reason I was stressing out so much was the whole thing of adjusting to having 2 children, I think we have all adjusted to that now and all is good in this house again now!! Lydia is soooooo good with Lucie and is constantly kissing and cuddling her she always has so Im hoping they will be really close when they get older. WOW Ive got to give you some credit though a 2 year old and a 5month old thats the gap that I wanted between my children but their da wasnt sure but I tell you Im so glad I did wait that wee bit longer I honestly dont think I would of been able to handle that!! God that makes me sound real pathetic aye!!!
Well I think Ive dribbled on enough now so Id love to hear back from you when (& if) you have time to get on your computer I know how hard it is to get on the damn thing!!
Buy for now
Abby

P.S Where in nz are you from??? Im in Dunedin

Abby, mother of 2 girls 3 years and 6 weeks

Hi Kristy, I only just came across this section today. I know it is a bit late for me to say that I know what you went through. I have 2 boys (Jake neally 3 1/2 and Fletcher neally 9 months) and I have gone to hell and back adjusting to 2 kids. Initially when I first brought him home everything was fine but then when he realised that Fletcher came 1st sometimes he started acting out. He hit him and kicked him. I felt like I had to have one eye on Jake at all times to make sure he wouldn't hurt Fletcher. Now that has changed. Since Fletch has been crawling he is interacting and playing with Jake a lot more. Jake now loves having someone to play with. Everytime Fletcher cries and I can't get to him straight away Jake always either does something funny to make him laugh or gets his dummy for him (now I have other challenging behaviours to deal with). Pauline

mum of 3

Sign in to follow this topic