for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toddlers & Relationships
  5. Listens to dad but not mum.Help!!!

Listens to dad but not mum.Help!!! Rss

Can anyone offer some advice. My 14 month old daughter listens to dad when instructed not to do something but everytime I tell her no or dont do this or that (in an assertive voice) she doesn't listen to me. Sometimes she'll look to see if Im still looking or will I walk away from her etc etc ..........

How can I make her understand that no means no? She has no problems at all when her dad says no. Is it because he's not always home (his usually at work). What can I do?
Hello,

My son used to do the same thing, I think that they know what they can get away with as mum is there all the time where as dad is away so when he talks they listen, They also try to push the boundries to see how much they can get away with and this usually means that mum is the one that is tested not dad . My son grew out of it and listen's to me now, If I send him to his room he goes or if I say no he listens. I would just keep letting her know that she will not get away with whatever it is that she is doing. Good luck and hopefully she will stop testing and start listening soon.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

I feel for you as I am in the same boat with my eldest daughter. It is even to the point where I don't even get any affection any more. I am hoping that she will grow out of it. Real Soon!
they listen to dad straight away because they don't know how far they can push him. they know how we'll react because we're always there. my son has jusst turned 2 & overnight became a horror child. try getting dad 2 spend more time with your child & get him to step in when your little ignores you, they cruel jump to attention when dad busts them. good luck

flossie wa 2 yr son

Sign in to follow this topic