Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 21 months and having nightmares?

21 months and having nightmares? Lock Rss

Hi, My daughter is 21 months, and i think she is having nightmares. she wakes screaming in the middle of the night, doesn't want a bottle (like she usually does), won't take her dummy and just cries until i pick her up and then won't go back in the cot.

She is still too young to tell me what the problem is. Is she too young for nightmares?? What can i do to make her feel safe?

Allison.
This post has been edited by the moderator.
my daughter was the same you might find that its her molars moving around we didnt realise to start with but then we would give her some bonjella and acuddle for a couple of mins and she was fine

gail SA 4 girls 17months apart 1 set twins

Hi Allison,

We found that our bub startedwaking likethat screaming soon after she was exposed to a couple of movies we went to see at the cinema. (She used to go to sleep there so we'd just take her along). They weren't anything drastic for us (the movies I mean, not horror or anything), but with some scarier parts in them we really believed that being in that environment had affected her even though she hadn't seen anything. She was a fair bit younger at the time, but now we're really careful what she's in contact with.

Probably sounds a bit far fetched, but we haven't had any problems since.
Hi
My son started waking up screaming from the young age of 2 months!!!! I didn't think anything of it until it kept on happening frequently. I put it down to teething pain and left it at that. He'd wake up screaming and I'd pick him up for comfort but (still with his eyes closed asleep) he'd push me away not wanting comforting. The screaming session would last anywhere between 5 minutes to half an hour. Eventually I spoke with my health nurse and she gave me a leaflet on Nightmares/Night terrors. It explained that he was suffering from night terrors. There is a major difference between the two. I recommend you speak to your health nurse and see if she has that sheet to give you and she'll be able to give you lots of advice.
Good luck
Sign in to follow this topic