Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Toddler Sleeping but Crying Through Night

Toddler Sleeping but Crying Through Night Lock Rss

My 20mth old daughter often wakes us (& her 4mth old sister!) through the night by "crying/whimpering" in her sleep. She does not often wake herself but we don't know how to stop this crying. On occasion she has woken herself but often drops back to sleep quite quickly. Any idea what this crying/whimpering is and how we can stop it?

Jennifer, NSW, 2 girls (20mth & 4mth)

My 16 mth old sometimes does this and I've found that it's usually when she's uncomfortable for some reason (too cold, too hot, teething etc). She's not quite happy, but not so bad she'll wake up. DOn't know; maybe this is what's happening with your little one as well.
Hi, my 2 yr old daughter also does this on occasions. Like you, I 'm not sure why they do it or how to stop it, but I agree that it may be that they are uncomfortable in some way.
Sorry I dont have a solution, but atleast you know you're not the only one.
Cheers,
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

My 22month daughter has been waking EVERY night for the last month. Just crying out for me. She shares a room with her 3 1/2yr old sister so of course she wakes to and the whole family is starting to get a little over tired from it now. I know they say too hot or too cold may be the reason but what is the right temp for their room? I have tried warmer pjs and cooler as well. I just cant seem to get it right. Also our house is warm enough when i put them to bed but seems to be quite cold in the mornings. Any advice?
Sign in to follow this topic